Robust Randomized Loot Options

Mig_zvm

Would love to see a bit of time dedicated to random loot spawns as opposed to the loot tables we have right now.  

For example, bedrolls and matches wouldn't have predictable placements.

Edited by Mig_zvm
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2021 at 3:03 PM, Mig_zvm said:

random loot spawns

With each update to TLD one of the things I value most are the changes to loot placement that feel logical.

• Soup and crackers in the cabinet
  • Can opener on shelf by the stove
  • Spare ammo on a cleaning bench or in a lockbox
  • Knife on the wood cabinet in a fishing hut
  • scrap metal near a damaged security fence
  • Road flare under the seat of a pickup truck
  • Coffee forgotten in the microwave oven
  • Matches near the fireplace

Often the effect of finding an item where it makes sense for it to be stored adds so much to the immersion. :coffee:

Edited by s7mar7in
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, s7mar7in said:

With each update to TLD one of the things I value most are the changes to loot placement that feel logical.

• Soup and crackers in the cabinet
  • Can opener on shelf by the stove
  • Spare ammo on a cleaning bench or in a lockbox
  • Knife on the wood cabinet in a fishing hut
  • scrap metal near a damaged security fence
  • Road flare under the seat of a pickup truck
  • Coffee forgotten in the microwave oven
  • Matches near the fireplace

Often the effect of finding an item where it makes sense for it to be stored adds so much to the immersion. :coffee:

That is great for a role playing perspective, but I am talking about adding specific options for custom hardcore runs.

Not knowing where a bedroll will likely be means the game potentially becomes more challenging.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mig_zvm said:

Not knowing

Agreed, and the value of a completely random loot distribution as an option would add a lot of value to the gameplay.

I would prefer "Randomized Loot Table" to be added to Survival Mode and enabled by default, (Disable RLT as Custom Option).

It begs the question would a 5th loot table that is a true dice roll be a possible solution. :coffee:

Edited by s7mar7in

1 hour ago, s7mar7in said:

Agreed, and the value of a completely random loot distribution as an option would add a lot of value to the gameplay.

I would prefer "Randomized Loot Table" to be added to Survival Mode and enabled by default, (Disable RLT as Custom Option).

It begs the question would a 5th loot table that is a true dice roll be a possible solution. :coffee:

I was actually thinking of two different dice rolls in one.  One to choose which random high end gear and then all together about placement. 

i.e. there could be an option to allow a certain percentage of high end item drops somewhere out in the world, to again make things interesting and keep the player hoping for something.

58 minutes ago, Mig_zvm said:

harsher instead of there being less loot

Agreed.

If every Park Ranger corps, Ranger backpack, Ranger truck, Ranger office, had a logical chance of high quality gear. IE: wool clothes, ammo, revolver, first aid. The game balance would not be lessened...you will not survive better with 3 wool pants compared to 1 wool pants.

It is difficult to understand why we discover what should be an item rich location but too often it has been stripped completely bare;  giving a feeling of game rebalance rather than the feeling of a real world post disaster experience. :coffee:

Edited by s7mar7in
  • Like 1