The Ravine - Easy way down without a rope 👍

Gun Tech.

The strange noises I make 😅 are from expecting KillWalls™️, which are real, and more importantly really good jumpscares!  But in the end it turned out all right, and it was a nice and quick shortcut.

(Excerpt from Trepid Explorer #11.)

Edited by Gun Tech.
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

the game can be surprisingly flexible sometimes considering how precarious your perch might be.  Seems to me since I got those crampons in Ash Canyon I get schimmy out on the rock quite a ways sometimes before I run into my nemesis, gravity.  I haven't honed my goating skills as smoothly as @Gun Tech. has displayed as he made his descent appear effortless, but I've found I can elect to "fall" controllably...  if you catch my drift...  

• Like 1

Invisible walls are fine for story and survival players looking only to story or survive. And of course regions must be finite and this is a way to actually make them end. Killwalls I have no problem with either, apart from the few that are not due to long falls. E.g. Ravine, MT plane crash where you can actually walk into one of them, after not goating much at all, it looked fine and it looked like you could get down there. However in each case you'd be stuck there if you made a save (well, now Ravine connects to BI so maybe not for that one). I actually used this path in the last episode in the series to get to the Cannery the right way (and also found a sweet shortcut in BI).