Aim Assist for controllers

paracelsium

Hey, just throwing in an idea here, bet I'm not the first one to come up with.

First, amazing game, huge fan. But I found a little issue, or rather an inconvenience. Aiming guns with controller is quite challenging, so I thought you could add some kind of aim assist feature.
Temporary solution I found is just switching to a mouse real quick, when you need to shoot.
I don't know how hard it is to implement this feature, but I'm sure lots of players will be glad to see it.

Thank you!

P.S. Long-term suggestion - some kind of co-op for 2 people, or any multiplayer that would fit the game, without making it too easy 🙏

Edited by paracelsium
Clarification?

It's not impossible, but it would make it more difficult. Minecraft has compressed time multiplayer as well. It simply passes time when both people do it at the same time. TLD has more of it though, which would make it a little clunky. I am sure I would still enjoy it though, especially if it was for story mode.

• Like 1

Not sure I’d agree with an aim assist. It’s pretty rough as it is when shooting with anything, even on the PC using mouse and keyboard. I think in many games an aim assist is appropriate but with the realistic physics that they have in this with rocks, arrows, and guns, I think keep as is.

I usually play on an xbox and I hit my targets nine times out of ten and on p.c I only hit about eight times in ten and by hitting the target I mean Landing the critical. The only thing I could see them changing to make shooting easier is making the sights easier to under stand for beginning players. I do wish that the sights would switch to iron sights on higher difficulties though.

I've thought about this too. I only play with a controller at the moment and I kind of think I'm okay with it. It's harder to hit charging wolfs with an arrow, but ideally you don't want to end up in that situation. And I like that a near miss with the arrow often causes the wolf to panic and run, so it's not requiring perfect aim from you. But for moving targets it is 100% harder with a controller atm.