A Natural Stimulent (plant) That Would Boost Energy For A Short Duration

xAnAngelOfDeathx

The root of Cichorium intybus sativum (aka root chicory) has been used as a coffee substitute throughout history. It is perennial, so it can survive below freezing conditions. After being brought over by Europeans, it has now spread across North America. I think if added to the game, it should be used as less effective coffee alternative. 

Chicory would be nice. As a proccessed coffee substitute. Still dont quite see the point - just like coffee, plants in the game are finite. Dont quite see the point to tell the truth. Unless it would be found thru beachcombing like most items that are non-renewable. In fact, birch, rose hips and reishi teas all have a degree of stimulative effects in real life. 

I would not mind this in the game. Might encourage people to use coffee more and not save it.

Chicory was added to coffee during hard times as filler, since it does taste a bit like coffee - but it does not contain caffeine at all. Also I think the developers have stayed away from any plant root items because of the frozen ground.

For a short term energy boost maybe hot chocolate packets?