What do you think about some changes that aren't written in the patch notes?

stmSantana

For example, in one version the bear was afraid of flare, and in another patch it wasn't. In one version Timberwolf jumped over the campfire and in another they stopped.
From one version, the radius of the scent has expanded so that the wolf can be seen from a greater distance than before.
In one version, the ash canyon caves were all cold, and the latest patches warmed them up.

"Oh! Moose is attacking! I'll get rid of it with a campfire!"
"... Hey! That doesn't stop !!" (Broken ribs)
It's a trap for auto-save and permanent death, ruining the survival knowledge you've learned in your previous play.

I admit that those silent changes help keep the game "mysteries" in a way. It changes the gaming experience and brings a fresh experience to the game many years ago. Perhaps that is the intention of the developers.
Also, there are too many changes, and if you list them all, your patch notes may be 1000 lines.
But players like me are confused as to whether they are intentional changes or bugs caused by patches.
So I can't say for or against it.

@stmSantana

Personally, I really like the "stealth changes" that seem to appear from from time to time... keeps the player on their toes.

Those stealth changes have come in all kinds of forms.  I remember how jittery I got when I first started hearing the owls, and the first time I heard the loon's call... I nearly jumped out of my skin because I thought it was a nearby wolf.  :D

Alterations to Wolf/Bear behavior and roaming routes have come out of those stealth changes too.  I think those work really well to keep the players alert and engaged.  Also to snatch us up when we get complacent.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
All in all, I'd say I'm a big fan of Hinterland's "stealth changes."

7 hours ago, stmSantana said:

In one version, the ash canyon caves were all cold, and the latest patches warmed them up.

I think this one probably had more to do with the number of folks who were just constantly whining about how they couldn't cure pelts/gut in Ash Canyon's original "cold caves." :D  I've even noticed that since then, we can now even cure items in the front portion of most caves now.  That is to say, the "outdoor" areas of caves elsewhere in the world now (I found this when I was doing some outdoor camping in Pleasant Valley).

Edited by ManicManiac