10 Tips for Surviving INTERLOPER (edited tutorial video)

Zaknafein

Here is the sequel to the previous 10 Tips video, this time focusing on Interloper. However, players on all difficulties may find it useful for general survival.

The community was a big help in making the video, and many streamers are featured (with permission). Also thank you to Hinterland Games to help me find a post I was looking for.

Hope you enjoy the video:

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Nice work & thanks @Zaknafein, I will use your tips as continue into day 10 of my first interloper run.

Getting used to lack of matches & cold temps is rough!

The high loot priority route planning and minimum carry list were really helpful, as I am still popping into most locations as I travel and not as focussed as I should be 🧐

On the starvation front, I tend to drop quite a bit of condition a day (down to 60%) and can’t recover all the way after sleeping, this is likely because I started in PV and it was cold/snowing during the afternoon.

I have found the hammer, so was thinking of going to FM to forge. I used the 10matches I found, but have a mag lens and have ok gear (no deerskin yet). Any suggestions - should I go CH ->DP instead to get more clothes/ matches? Low on food, but assume the cattails will be plentiful as I travel, also no flares (used the only one I found in PV to fend off a wolf) or flare gun.

Recommendations would be welcome 👍🏽 Would rather not die, it’s been a slog so far!

So far I have -

head - wool+ cotton toques

jacket - ski jacket + parka

Inners. - thin wool sweater x2

hands - wool mittens

Acc - earmuffs (saving and not wearing until outer moose bag protection)

legs - combat pants + jeans

socks - wool + cotton

feet - trail boots

1 hour ago, IamSameer said:

Nice work & thanks @Zaknafein, I will use your tips as continue into day 10 of my first interloper run.

I have found the hammer, so was thinking of going to FM to forge. I used the 10matches I found, but have a mag lens and have ok gear (no deerskin yet). Any suggestions - should I go CH ->DP instead to get more clothes/ matches? Low on food, but assume the cattails will be plentiful as I travel, also no flares (used the only one I found in PV to fend off a wolf) or flare gun.

Glad you liked it!

In my opinion, go to FM forge IF you have enough scrap metal or a hacksaw. You need 5 scrap metal for hatchet, 3 for the knife, and 1 for 2 arrowheads. You can find some scrap in FM, though. If you have enough, go to FM. If not, maybe go to DP. You already have the hammer and matches, so you are set - once you have the bow it gets a lot easier :)

Regarding your health: 60% is fine. You can recover up to 32% from sleeping on interloper if you sleep 10 hours. Check out my previous video on 10 Tips for The Long Dark, where I explain the sleep mechanic. Sleeping is on Tip 6.

• Like 1

Got there barely - flare used to avoid a pair of wolves at the final fence before the barn 😬

Forging done - hatchet, knife, bow, arrows, deerskin leggings and rabbit hat obtained soon after.

Fought a bear, survived - went back, killed & quartered it. Took guts & a bag back to Trappers,  then rested.

Wanted more meat bags - loaded up, started walking back & around the corner a wolf jumped me  ... ☠️

Interloper is unforgiving ... just when I thought I was getting the hang of it‼️

• Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 7:39 PM, peteloud said:

An excellent video, although I think that telling exactly where to find specific items is a too helpful.

Thank you! Yes, I tried to show guaranteed spawns very sparingly to avoid this. I think there are only 5 item spawns I show - the rest are mentions of potential spawns.