Ash Canyon: Crampons

djanico

I've been wearing them ever since I found em and so far it doesn't look like they have taken an damage either.  ditto on kinda being surprised there is no wear, but that's okay too.  on the bright side though,  I really like the new footstep sounds they make as you traverse various surfaces.  I ended up leaving Ash Canyon via the Deer Clearing transition cave so decided to climb the summit with my new pack and crampons!  Gotta say the sound they made as I walked across the metal floor of the tail wreckage was pretty awesome.  I give the dev's kudos on the new sound effects

28 minutes ago, Bean said:

Wear them on the inside accessory slot with something (like a moose hide bag) in the outer and they won’t take damage.  

I've been wearing them exactly opposite and no damage taken.  Next time I play, i'll switch slots and see what happens.  

Ok so I guess I’ve been doing it wrong. I put them in the outer slot today for kicks and got a buff!  Never had that before.  Guess they have to be worn in the outer slot to get the benefit?  If so I’m only wearing them when I have to climb or goat.  

• 1 month later...