Dumb little things that could be changed

DarKube

As the title say, I created this topic for all of those things  that deserve their own topics individually.

Here's one:

Why this 25h book his super thin

Firearm_skill_book_icon2.png.e3f13f24a5e5158a952d2009f78929b1.png

and this 5h one is thick ?

Revolver_skill_book_icon.png.935ddbd8cd2003c653a3c668d5e6ed4c.png

(Keep in mind that it's not a "complaining topics", honestly, if they didn't change these things, I don't care)

Edited by DarKube
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 2:53 AM, DarKube said:

As the title say, I created this topic for all of those things  that deserve their own topics individually.

Here's one:

Why this 25h book his super thin

Firearm_skill_book_icon2.png.e3f13f24a5e5158a952d2009f78929b1.png

and this 5h one is thick ?

Revolver_skill_book_icon.png.935ddbd8cd2003c653a3c668d5e6ed4c.png

(Keep in mind that it's not a "complaining topics", honestly, if they didn't change these things, I don't care)

Possible and very logical reason exists... Book A is printed in a very small font and has no diagrams or illustration; whereas Book B is printed in a larger font and has many illustrations.

3 hours ago, Derek0311 said:

1 liter of snow = 1 liter of water yet snow is on average 15% water.

As we discussed on your thread... Melting and boiling 0.5 L of snow (which would yield only 0.075 L of water at 15%) does not take 40 minutes (which is the time it takes in game).  Also, there are many actions we never see the character actually doing with their hands.  Therefore, it is realistic to assume that the character is actually adding more and more snow to the can as the snow melts... until the result is a full can of water after 40 minutes.  The same would hold true in a cooking pot, which takes 2 hours to produce 2L of water.  The amount of snow added to the pot over that two hours is not stated.

@UpUpAway95  I take your point.  My point is the mixing of volume and mass as interchangeable in the game.  They are not.  I do not want to see it take more time to produce water, only the use of more snow to get the same effect.  I would like to see the character have to collect it like an item.  The game does a good job at considering the specific heat capacity of water, and snow as well as the latent heat of fusion.  I just want the magic water container wand to go away.  I get there are other opinions; not everyone will agree.  I’m approaching this from a mountaineering and engineering perspective.  It seems we looking to get a different experience out of the game.  That’s fine, we disagree.

7 minutes ago, Derek0311 said:

@UpUpAway95  I take your point.  My point is the mixing of volume and mass as interchangeable in the game.  They are not.  I do not want to see it take more time to produce water, only the use of more snow to get the same effect.  I would like to see the character have to collect it like an item.  The game does a good job at considering the specific heat capacity of water, and snow as well as the latent heat of fusion.  I just want the magic water container wand to go away.  I get there are other opinions; not everyone will agree.  I’m approaching this from a mountaineering and engineering perspective.  It seems we looking to get a different experience out of the game.  That’s fine, we disagree.

We don't see the character chopping wood, ripping the hide off a deer, changing clothes, mending clothes, ripping clothes apart, building a campfire, opening a book to read it,  etc.  Overall, the animations in this game are just not that detailed.

@UpUpAway95  I agree, they aren’t that detailed.  But if I could have my wish, I’d want to rip the hide off an animal, mix a braining solution in a pot, and scrape the hide.  I’m working on an idea for the fire system as well; stay tuned.  If the ideas don’t get implemented for whatever reason, that’s fine.  If a another game does it better than TLD I’ll play that instead.  However, at the minute,  TLD does it best.  And it has a wishlist forum, where ever dream that I wish could come true (sorry Walt)...so long as I say it.  
Sorry, @DarKube we’re way off topic.

Edited by Derek0311
Sorry

17 hours ago, Derek0311 said:

@UpUpAway95  I agree, they aren’t that detailed.  But if I could have my wish, I’d want to rip the hide off an animal, mix a braining solution in a pot, and scrape the hide.  I’m working on an idea for the fire system as well; stay tuned.  If the ideas don’t get implemented for whatever reason, that’s fine.  If a another game does it better than TLD I’ll play that instead.  However, at the minute,  TLD does it best.  And it has a wishlist forum, where ever dream that I wish could come true (sorry Walt)...so long as I say it.  
Sorry, @DarKube we’re way off topic.

That's fine...