Zombie mode

gmotagi

I would pay again for a DLC that added a zombie mode to this game.

Imagine if everything remained the same but there were also zombies shambling around at various speeds. 

Scavenging through Carter dam in the dark while hearing a moaning echoing around, you know one is in there somewhere.

Running across the ice as a pack chases you and you have to wait it out in a hut until they go.

Cooking some deer meat from a carcass you found, only to discover it was killed by a zombie and you have gained an affliction.

Can only be killed by a headshot of course.

So much you could add that would take this  awesome game to the next level!

I think this idea would undermine the fundamental identity of what The Long Dark is.
Part of what made me want  to get into The Long Dark in the first place was the selling point of it being simply the player pitted against the elements... no Zombies, no Monsters, no Mutants.

I think this has been part of the bedrock of this game from the beginning.
Raph discusses this in a previous interview (many of them really, but I'm just going to highlight one of them):

:coffee::fire:
I think that zombies would really undermine and effectively ruin the special experience Hinterland has worked so hard to make.
So... I'd rather zombies never ever become a part of this game.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gmotagi said:

Well if its a DLC no one would force you to buy it so what's the problem? 

I love LD as is but no harm in other modes to keep it interesting. Personally I have zero interest in that Halloween mode we just had  so I just didn't play it.

Its problem, because devs will waste time and resources for stupid thing, which wont be popular and its in contradiction with devs views. I dare you.