Run DMC

Dalos

DMC4 - day 19

well, i didn't mess it up thank goodness. i scared that wolf away with the flaregun and then lit up a fire. The weather held and i was able to cook up 4 steaks and chop up two for later. i used that meat to eat enough to read my fishing book to get fishing 2.

i had the cured rabbit guts that i brought with me and i made up 3 fishing tackles, opened the fishing hole with the hammer and caught about 8 fish over 2 days.

i did not explore coastal highway much, just kind of survived. I need tools so that means Desolation Point.

on day 18 i made it to the crumbling highway where i cooked up the dead deer at the top of the map and skinned him too. Along with the 3  birch saplings i have all of them curing in the basement.

i got chased into the cave by a wolf but i survived by lighting up a quick firestick fire. I didn't have much wood but made it through the rest of the night with no fire.

but then a blizzard hit the next AM and i got stuck in this cave for hours and hours. I read a lot which is nice, but i also ate a lot. all of my deer meat is gone and i didn't pick up any new food.

image.thumb.png.5df057833b4c383215f18912eda1e565.png

there was one rabbit the next morning. i am pretty annoyed with this rabbit snaring perk. i would never use it again. For one, snares are pretty damn effective anyway and two, if you are going to use one of your previous feats on something, it better make a big difference. the firestarter one is invaluable. i don't know how anybody gets a good start on loper without it.

if i have to do this run again, i think i am going with the 10% calorie thing.

DMC day 21 - ok, no more bitching. It's been three weeks and i still live. I got nothing from my snares but i did get some nice stuff in the ship and the whale plant. No ace clothing but i got enough food to fill up my stores a little. some new crackers, some old candy bars and some more pork and beans. I have really lucked out on only getting food poisoning one time so far. Most of my food is less than 50% condition when i eat it so if at all possible, i try to eat the really poor condition stuff before bed.

and it's interesting on these runs how you get inundated with unlikely stuff. for example on  one of the earlier DMC runs in this thread i ran into more cooking pots than i knew what to do with. Another run it was whetstones.

this one....books.

image.thumb.png.de90038b2ca384c4095505bd79e9469b.png

DMC4 - day 22    i take back all my anti snare talk. I snuck out of the ship in the middle of the night with a torch after forging a bit to find two dead ones in my snares. Thank goodness. I have about enough food stuffs to make it through two more days.

spent the night and early AM forging, sleeping and making water. I got the hatchet, knife and 14 arrow heads.

image.thumb.png.5b783257acf292f752295edb06687761.png

here's my food situation. Clearly i need to make it back to the highway.

image.thumb.png.ad750059f76aa19e0cc3e7eabc452a21.png

yeah, i made it past that by running. and then lighting up a torch near the cave and then running again. I skipped heading back to the church bc those guts wouldn't be cured anyway.

made it through the transition mine back to Crumbling. No wolf issues. picked up the deer skin, 2 guts and 3 birch saps i left there the other day.

i need to get out of here today.

i slept two hours in the basement bc i was tired.

make it back to Coastal to find pea soup fog. i can either try to make it to the first island with the bear, or head right and try for the gas station hoping there is food in that one.

image.thumb.png.9b68459bf99bc736925bfcc4421e9169.png

gas station would have been  an insane trip.

i briefly thought about powering on to jackrabbits and then to the fishing camp but then i remember i do not do stupid things on these settings.

i exchanged wolf grows on my heels for a bear snort when i hit the first island.

slept here right on the floor for the night eating almost all my food. Next AM, not one single usable item in the whole cabin.

image.thumb.png.388053d7a838b14005dc7fbdae6bdd16.png

down the hill towards jackrabbits, i stoned a rabbit on the first try because i am an assassin. Firestarter, sticks, tea for 150 kcals. chopped up rabbit,

kept warming and heated more tea for the trip back.

image.thumb.png.044c61b7560b97aa4c886bea38b6a004.png

and more soup. i swear i have been walking for 10 minutes in real time.

image.thumb.png.601af029e144b7db9edc4a71c8e8530a.png

• Upvote 1

DMC4 - day 29 - pretty stupid to do this when i am almost at 30 days but since i killed that bear, I thought it was safe to go up to the little cabin at the top of the map near the camping grounds. hoping for cattails. I did get cattails and some coal as well as that dead deer but i got caught in a blizzard coming back and had a wolf chasing me.

image.thumb.png.86f8d875f73d295521c0de7aff27f85c.png

i did make it back fine but the bigger problem  is that it appears i have fished that hut dry. I fished for about 8 hours and only pulled two an one of those was a damn minnow.