Run DMC

Dalos

DMC Day 1 - pleasant valley start. Ok weather for noon.

i was able to keep from freezing for a while before making it to the plane crash where i found some valuable clothing. No extra matches though.

got to the skeeters ridge basement, only got peaches and firewood there.

skidded down to the draft dodgers, empty. tried to wait out the fog to no avail.

i had to make it to the farmhouse before nightfall. picked up a wolf in the fog so i couldn't get those valuable cattails by the river.

ditched the wolf right outside the farmhouse and made it in safely, slight condition loss and frostbite risk.

image.thumb.png.7e3a221639dc1e672c04b284bdd1ab9f.png

• Upvote 1

DMC - still day 1.5 -finally made it up to the radio station on PV. i starved a few hours at night and then lucked into killing a rabbit outside of the shed by the farmhouse, used the mag lens to light some sticks. I brought the torch inside (barely avoiding a bear) cooked it up and then some tea.

made the long climb up the hill, spraining both wrists and an ankle.

but safe for tonight, with plenty of water and enough rabbit to get me through until i can see if there's food here tomorrow AM.

image.thumb.png.1d8508ae3cc7108bd394398cec7421cf.png

• Upvote 1

DMC - day 3

camped up at the radio station and did some repairing. goal today is to make it safely up to the little cave here and get some more rabbit food.

i'll have to sleep in this cave bc it has a bed and then do the long trek up through the winding river, through the damn  and sleep again at one of those trailers in Mystery Lake.

my loot table says the bed roll is a the camp office, so that is where i am heading. i already have the hammer. with no hacksaw, harvesting animals is taking an obscene amount of time.

best/only option is to get as many cat tails as possible, then forlorn muskeg myself a knife and arrow heads.

after that, no idea.

image.thumb.png.20776bec416cf837dd5e9f767c3417f8.png

• Upvote 1

DMC  3 - day 5  oddly enough, i don't feel like i am doing well at all because my clothing stinks. however, i am at day 5, i've even gotten the well fed bonus.

i only looted a few Milton houses, but picked up the bedroll (yay!) at the park building.

headed down to the farmhouse and picked up a down vest and another baseball cap (yay?)

i was going to head north to the little trailer to get the hacksaw but there were wolves so i ticketed down to the basin and stayed 1 night. stoned more rabbits and then heated some tea and headed down to the muskeg.

got the other hacksaw at the northern cave. My plan was to head right back up to milton but the weather was too good so i just went on to mystery lake. The hammer is in the lower damn so i need to make it there tonight.

weather still good.

image.thumb.png.83c706a3866103faa25f1b8dae17d98d.png

• Upvote 1

DMC 3 - made it. there are way less cattails on this setting,  btw. On the camp office/damn run i've picked up 75 of them. This time, more like 25.

but still, hanging in. At least now i have a full day planned of looking through lockers and drawers in the hopes of finding a single box of matches, a hat and some ketchup chips.

image.thumb.png.f179408ca3c4d7b4aa4cbf6f93dc72c4.png

• Upvote 1

DMC day 6 - lots of empty drawers, garbage cans and lockers in the damn but i did pick up the hammer, a book of matches, some work gloves and that wool scarf that's always there.

time to head back to the lake office, and then on to the muskeg forge.

image.thumb.png.49c19de91a4b465238b9703eec97748a.png

• Upvote 1

DMC 3 day 7 - morning. Made it all the way back to camp office with a tailing wolf. Ducked inside and warmed up. Thought about trying to make the long trek to the forge yesterday because the weather was so good but there's no risk taking on these settings.

i climbed up to the lake overlook to get a 60% grade firestick, also was able to gut the dead deer completely and stone another rabbit.

word of advise on stoning rabbits on this setting. Do it long range. if you try and get close they will run away at the last second.

trying to keep the fire stoked for a few more hours then heat up  with tea for the trip.

image.thumb.png.4ed191212194756b6e3e5e2e6b7b4386.png

• Upvote 1

Made it all the way to poacher's in the deep fog. Got a wolf tail and had to sprint most of the way. Lit up a fire in the barrel and picked up extra coal and a flare.

slept a few hours and somehow got a clear warm dusk instead of a blizzard.

warmed up with some tea and started the trek across the ice.

kept the torch going throughout...no wolves. i found a deer carcass, cooked up the meat. kept going and found another deer carcass and cooked up that meat. no wolves.

started the last stretch of the way to the forge and picked up a wolf running straight for me across the little wood bridge that represents the only way to the forge.

so here's what i did...i ran back up the hill, wolf followed me. i turned left and came down the other side and kept running. original wolf still after me but in the distance a bit.

and then i see all his friends.

apologies for no screen shot but i actually traversed through 4 wolves who laid low bc the original one was still after me.

made it to the forge with barely any juice left. but i did make it.

man, i want to kill this MF.

image.thumb.png.05a13cd00edf03c05fe954c8c5b277cc.png

• Upvote 1

DMC3 day 11 - had to keep the forge fire burning all night, all day and then all night again. made the hatchet, knife and i think 12 arrowheads. i don't usually make the hatchet but i need it for defense purposes.

i heated up some tea and caught some nice early afternoon weather heading out of the muskeg back to the lake. i only caught a wolf at the very end and ditched him when i switched maps.

made it all the way to camp office, but my saplings weren't cured yet so i headed down to the lake to search for clothes. currently my apparel situation stinks. i did get another wool scarf but that was it. i did get two more books to read and i spent one night in a lake cabin and another in the little cave. It was nice to actually have some time to read the books i've picked up.

still, while my food situation isn't urgent right now, it will  be soon. there are only so many cattails to eat.

today i am going to check on my saplings and then try the forestry lookout.

long term goals are to get bow and arrows and head over to pleasant valley to try for some better clothing.

the below isn't a bad long term shelter but it's way too early for that and i am  still not well equipped.

that's what she said.

image.thumb.png.26c342d2822b0d76567948727f0d8671.png

• Upvote 1

DMC3 end of day 11. running from a wolf here. Made it to the lookout where i found nothing much useful. cooked the two rabbits i killed and then instead of sleeping there, i decided to chance it down to the empty box car (which was empty of anything helpful). i then ran out to get a crow feather because i need one more to make 3 total arrows. it was then that i picked up the wolf. made it back ok though.

image.thumb.png.556bb2489a33a2202c6b8e3a17037f0d.png

• Upvote 1

DMC3 day 15 - made it back to the damn, stayed a night and read some books.

had to wait out bad weather before heading on to winding river. I wanted to avoid 2 nights in the damn bc the fever.

got to the winding river cave around midnight. it was took dark to rabbit hunt but at least no wolf harassment.

had to get a fire going in the middle of the night but luckily i had enough sticks to sustain it. boiled a ton of water.

next AM i tea'd up and was able to harvest about 2 KG of deer meat from the top of the hill. No wolf issues either. cooked that up in the cave and then headed down to the pleasant valley cave, keeping a torch going. I don't want to use up one of my  two flares yet.

a plan is starting to form.

make it to PV, sleep in either the radio hut or the farmhouse if i am lucky with weather. then up to the plane crash for clothing. Then TWM...never once made the big climb on Deadman.

image.thumb.png.abe5673fd4873f37cbad4e68ff828627.png

• Upvote 1

DMC3 day 16 - change of plans. had to wait out most of the day in the transition cave so instead of pushing on to the radio hut and risk wolf, bear, blizzard, i decided to camp out in the cave at the top of the hill.

i cleaned up the little deer that's always there and stoned one of the two rabbits. took 3 tries to get him even though i stunned him each time, he jumped up an ran away.

blizzard came about 2 am and i had just enough wood and coal to make it through the night.

time to tea up and head to the hut.

nice shot of my morning latte here.

image.thumb.png.6b1b1887138446a3ad49e1bd8c4f0ad3.png

DMC3 - radio hut was a big score. picked up a little bit of food, herbal tea, another can opener plus...combat pants, wool ear flap and work boots.

thick pea soup fog set in but i found my way down hill. must have gotten cocky since i upgraded the clothing because i barely made it to the little shed before freezing. Comparable weather in PV is a few degrees cooler than mystery lake for sure.

now, i just need a ski jacket and we're really cooking.

image.thumb.png.4e2d776fa2f0fa388ced9abd1b028568.png

• Upvote 1