Run DMC

Dalos

Made my first big dunsky mistake today. had enough food for sleep but i clicked for 6 hours even though i only had about half my water meter full. Cost about 10% more loss of condition.

not as bad as leaving my bedroll in a cave but not great either.

made it up to the plane crash and got some quality equipment, a simple parka, light wool sweater, wool socks and a wool toque. never the extra pair of undies i am always craving but a big improvement.

went to skeeters and picked up next to noting then slept in the burned ridge cave. left in the late day for the rope climb, dodging a bear.

was going to attempt the night climb but it's not worth it. I will have to go tomorrow no matter what as i am running out of food.

image.thumb.png.31d32c6a36e1a6026c35510b7ce621d2.png

image.thumb.png.adfee6e0bedfaa0904f18935a5bd8ad3.png

• Upvote 1

DMC3 day 20 - i did make it to mountainer's but it was rough. the cold is unforgiving but the need for food is unending. If i don't get back my store of cattails and fish, i am sunk.

i also broke down and finally used a stim. I think i am now about 70% condition at 21 days.

image.thumb.png.ce7f9649ac6e2aa06e77b8b582d93504.png

DMC3 day 22 - i admit, probably not too smart possibly wasting a precious arrow on the chance of killing this guy. i hate having him roam around my lake house though. if i did get him, i would be willing to risk the parasites for a square meal a day.

plus, this hunting spot can't be beat.

image.thumb.png.a6fb2cd4cf4f98139d496aa81863cad8.png

got him but not a solid shot.

image.thumb.png.51b8080c67985dc0118b2fb93eb67f66.png

• Upvote 1

DMC 3 = RIP

the bear fell in good spot, uphill from his cave. I didn't have the warmth or food to quarter him so i cut off his hide, 4 guts and 4 steaks.

made it back to the cabin with a wolf tailing me. He started charging as i ran up the hill. i ran in, and the SOB ran in after me. He got me right in front of the fire place.

• Upvote 2

Ok, after a few (many) failed restarts, i am on to the next run

DMC4 - day 1 pleasant valley. got a good start this time. Hacksaw in farmhouse basement. awesome pants and a ski jacket. still no extra underwear though.

i need to get some snares created. i was able to stone 2 rabbits and am spending my first night in the little barn by the road.

image.thumb.png.87d1aa0dd4859bc5d3f646d7beb18955.png

• Upvote 1

DMC4 - day 6.  ok, here's where i am at. gory details aside, i picked up really solid clothes from the plane crash then made my way to the farmhouse. i killed some local rabbits there and then stored their guts in the barn and headed up to the radio hut. picked up a third (!!!) pair of combat pants there, which i have never seen on these interloper loot settings.

didn't stay there, went down to the PV/Winding river cave and slept, cooking up some rabbits there too.

next day, tea'd up and walked to the little lake where i almost got moose charged. there i got really lucky. a wolf killed a deer. i scared off the wolf and was able to harvest about 5 KG of venison before freezing. i had kept a fire burning in the little fishing hut and cooked those guys up, then tea'd up again for the long walk to the thompson's crossing village.

didn't get too much of value there but was able to crash and then walk up to the barn. was running on empty at that point but made it all the way back to the farmhouse. i found my guts weren't cured yet but killed yet another rabbit. Cooked and ate him and then slept. Left in the am to make the big climb up to the little forest talker hideout before going up the rope but i thought better of it and am not at draft dodgers. I killed 3 more rabbits and will leave their guts to wait for me until i come back down from TWM (fingers crossed)

the plan is to rest up tonight and eat my rabbits. then go up to the rope. If weather is good i will try to climb it tomorrow. if not, stay a night and do it the next day.

time to cook and rest. i still have 4 books that ive barely touched.

image.thumb.png.10698cc6b99aac162dedd4cfeeb90f7f.png

• Upvote 1

DMC4 day 8 -

slept in the draft dodgers cabin an read a book. climbed both ropes and went straight for the hatch. no energy left to climb today so will have to camp indoors tonight.

image.thumb.png.8048979c1de3817e165ff21f4808e484.png

my struggle is food. if there is a blizzard tomorrow, i might lose my well fed bonus which would make my climb way harder.

i have coffee for it but on this setting, if i starve, i lose condition permanently. no luck finding any stims yet.

image.thumb.png.10039825dcb701f6e882392857af6a1e.png

I'm using this code 8MHI-/z8M-Dw+/-wSWm-bAAA

i do have to adjust it to get rid of the revolver and I am not doing birch tea. It's interesting, you can still find them and use them for kindling but you just can't make tea out of it.

if i can get this one past the 30 days and beyond i think i will try it another one with the birch tea perk. On these settings even if you somehow fight off a wolf, your condition is so low that it just isn't worth continuing. i mean, i don't even bother carrying any hydrogen peroxide or old man's beard. It's just not worth the extra weight for something you never get  chance to use.

i've done the challenge before but never gone to the summit. At least if my game ends shortly after, i won't have to do it again. Starting out in PV is fine but heading to the mountain early is brutal.

• Upvote 1

DMC4 day 9 -

i made it up to TWM using coffee more for food than energy. By the time i got to the hut all i had left to eat was coffee and herbal tea. I did get cattails on the lake, two candy bars and was able to stone 4 rabbits, which is a miracle.

time to start the summit.

image.thumb.png.e89448a905893c47809bfc8b98687fdd.png

plan was to pick up some stuff in the little open air cave and then spend the night in the half-way cave after (hopefully) killing some rabbits there.

then i took a look to my left and found the little deer. It was too good to pass up. had to light a fire bc i cant' risk freezing. somehow the weather is still holding. i cooked him up and made up a coffee. going to try and avoid a wolf at the top and sleep in the deer cave tonight.

image.thumb.png.e517c941b95b773687ccba7a54970ef7.png

made it here and safe and slept a few hours. If the weather was good i was going to try to run a deer into a wolf but realistically, with the weather so unpredictable, that's just not worth it.

image.thumb.png.0de832427ca580558ac15e2e301fd3f5.png

realistically, i don't really need the summit. For day 9 my gear is really solid. but i could find a ear wrap and that elusive 2nd underwear that haunts my dreams.

by my calculations, i am 60% summitted after only 9 days on DMC.

tomorrow's the big one though. got to avoid wolf and bear on my way up to the first big ledge. If i can get there, then i should be able to make it all the way, unless there is a 2 day blizzard.

image.thumb.png.e4951a0d5c16f2c93b26f3b3536063a5.png

made it to the ledge with no animal issues. I even found 3 cans of tomato soup in the one container. I also found scrap metal and cloth in the other part of it...thanks for nothing.

went through the long cave with a 100% torch i picked up and heated up some soup. no dead deer luck in the little open air cave but i did get another copy of the fire book, which makes two that i haven't touched yet but am holding on to.

so in stead of staying the night in the loading screen cave, i need to summit today. i need whatever food is up there because if i stay here i am dead.

almost there.

image.thumb.png.f5706ec4a75c0378a7f16095be799b0f.png

DMC4 day 10 - made it to the summit.

for anybody unfamiliar, when you summit with the interloper loot settings, there are only a handful of containers and they mostly stink.

however, i did pick up a stim, a 66% firestarter (yay) more matches, bunch of pelts, assorted clothing including another wool toque and the ear flap.

image.thumb.png.48144e4080ca050b8d2d100bc2fb12fc.png

and i also got some wonderful, albeit dated foodstuffs. for reference when i entered the crash site, the only food i had left was 2 cans of tomato soup that i picked up yesterday, 2 cattails a candy bar and a bunch of tea.

i also had to drop most of my wood on the final rope climb so need to decide whether to try and make it through the night here or in that little cave on the corner.

image.thumb.png.9f2fa857b845e5c7724cc2a38c061755.png

• Like 1

stayed exactly one night at the summit. usually, i'll stay a few days eating all the food i can't carry with me and read a bunch of books while avoiding cabin fever. not this time though.

i did get treated to a nice aurora and not bad temps.

image.thumb.png.41700a5d39dd96afc831215718b57c8e.png

DMC4 day 11 - time to climb

i brought a rope with me to make it easier. i've been chaining torches to keep warm. i like to light a campfire to heat up some tea and then throw a long-lasting torch over the side before climbing down. hoping that bear keeps moving on before i get there. i kind of want to head down and to the right because i know there are cattails there.

image.thumb.png.e12ede2fe4e5800bbd77cc1f4a1d958d.png

2 hours ago, Dalos said:

DMC4 day 10 - made it to the summit.

for anybody unfamiliar, when you summit with the interloper loot settings, there are only a handful of containers and they mostly stink.

however, i did pick up a stim, a 66% firestarter (yay) more matches, bunch of pelts, assorted clothing including another wool toque and the ear flap.

image.thumb.png.48144e4080ca050b8d2d100bc2fb12fc.png

and i also got some wonderful, albeit dated foodstuffs. for reference when i entered the crash site, the only food i had left was 2 cans of tomato soup that i picked up yesterday, 2 cattails a candy bar and a bunch of tea.

i also had to drop most of my wood on the final rope climb so need to decide whether to try and make it through the night here or in that little cave on the corner.

image.thumb.png.9f2fa857b845e5c7724cc2a38c061755.png

great thread- was genuinely tense reading it in chronological order wondering if you'd make the summit!

Thank you!

i really like keeping this log. it actually adds a bit to the experience of the play through. After 2500+ hours with this wonderful game, gotta keep it interesting.

i made it down off the summit and all the way back to the hut in one fell swoop. in fact, i made it back much quicker than i thought i would and those 4 rabbits i skinned are still not ready yet. I am going to need a bunch of guts to make fishing tackle. Not for here though. I don't want to start to fish until i find a book and get fishing 2. otherwise, i'll end up just snapping all my tackle.

image.thumb.png.748d8eb43cfbb63ebcb371a3d33813da.png

i don't want to stay here and i sure as heck don't want to head through pleasant valley with a bunch of uncured guts and pelts on my person.

that is the immediate problem. Should i stay or should i go now?

the long term question is where to head next. i got great clothing but need a reliable source of food and of course i need some crafted tools. The answer is either Coastal highway or mystery lake.

Coastal is the easier trip but i know mystery lake has the mag lens. Coastal also has the easier forge trip through Desolation Point. However, mystery lake and the muskeg has cattails.

DMC4 day 14 - i had at least 48 hours until my rabbit guts were cured so i went up to the wing area to open that container. just one can of good condition pork and beans and more coffee and herbals. but i did find a deer carcass. I campfired up and cooked him on the spot.

between that and two more stoned rabbits on the way back, i was able to get enough food to stay at the hut and not have to dig too deep in my reserves.

i also built a snow shelter just for one night because i'll need to keep the fever at bay as long as i can.

i've decided to head down to Coastal. There should be a stim in the transition cave. I also like my chances of fishing there better than Mystery Lake as well as setting up a bunch of snares at jackrabbit island.

bye for now and ever TWM.

image.thumb.png.ec5a8f82e0ed0348de16fb4d58a54b12.png

pretty easy time of it getting through PV to the left. i booked past that bear you see and did get chased by a wolf by the broken cabin but i hid in the little car and slept for an hour.

i thought about staying in one of the caves for a night but it just isn't worth the calories. Even if i stone and kill two rabbits, that just buys me another day. Got to think long term.

image.thumb.png.f496a3d0f349113046f89c98199f31ec.pngRight now everything is calories, calories, calories.

DMC4 - day 13  made it to Coastal highway using a flare in the transition. Picked up another stim (yay) and no food (boo).

made it all the way to jackrabbits and got my lone snare laid before passing out from exhaustion.

woke up to wolf central.

image.thumb.png.c2d241bf45399b80f97fb873c5fa5d2d.png

but where there are wolves, there are opportunities.

don't don't don't mess this up.

image.thumb.png.8cb10fd328bdcce7f7378275baefcb88.png

• Upvote 1