Give Clothes a 2nd chance before getting destroyed completely

whirls

5 hours ago, whirls said:

When clothes get ruined please let the player still repair them. Maybe with higher cost then ...

I want all destroyed items not to be used in the likeness of destroyed clothing.

And more. You've created a bunch of themes. When you could put them together and name my suggestions. Some topics do not fit into this forum item. save your time.

Yeah, it sucks, but that would kinda make all clothing technically indestructible. If it made you feel better about it the devs could, instead of having wolves ruin your clothes, have them eat such pieces whole. Nom Nom. No more socks. 

• Like 1

Hi!

Personally, I dont want it to work this way. The whole point of having a clothing piece item ruined is hidden in not taking care of it in the first place. You need to maintain your clothing items. If one of the very rare items is about to become ruined, and you cannot afford to repair it, unequip it, or even better store it till you can repair it. 

Items need to be maintained and those who fail to do that are punished by having their items destroyed. This is perfectly in-tune with the Permadeath game design TLD is.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Stone said:

Yeah, it sucks, but that would kinda make all clothing technically indestructible. If it made you feel better about it the devs could, instead of having wolves ruin your clothes, have them eat such pieces whole. Nom Nom. No more socks. 

16 minutes ago, Mroz4k said:

Hi!

Personally, I dont want it to work this way. The whole point of having a clothing piece item ruined is hidden in not taking care of it in the first place. You need to maintain your clothing items. If one of the very rare items is about to become ruined, and you cannot afford to repair it, unequip it, or even better store it till you can repair it. 

Items need to be maintained and those who fail to do that are punished by having their items destroyed. This is perfectly in-tune with the Permadeath game design TLD is.

so it means you can repair one pair of socks 1.000.000 times while not falling to 0% while another pair of socks being ravaged once are forever gone. I actually also like the ruined idea and your explanation, but my example just now shows how unbalanced this works. Shouldn't be there a limit of repairs for each cloth then? Its only logical, if the wolf take out your boots and eat the socks before it run away. Maybe with some Nom Nom sounds 🙂

Rarity is great and rare items should be taken care of. But I don't want to be the wardrobe manager storing all the cloths somewhere pinpointing them for future use and calculate the logistics.... Why cant we make socks by our own - maybe by wolf pelts? Why even cant we harvest leather from pelts and create all kind of cloth - doesn't matter if its from a wolf or deer? Isn't it more "realistic'? One example is how the game Rimworld is doing it ....

17 hours ago, k0s0ff said:

And more. You've created a bunch of themes. When you could put them together and name my suggestions. Some topics do not fit into this forum item. save your time.

Sorry, hoped I put my concerns / suggestions on the right place. Its the wish list, I also looked and scanned some pages of each forum.

Socks are not important for your survival if at the end of the day, you can wear the deerskin boots. And yea, there are some items you cant ger that get ruined by a single mauling. Socks, Wool wraps especially, some of the hats, gloves... That is just life. Which is why you should maintain some spares at your base. There are loads of copies in the world, finding them, maintaining them and replace them if they get destroyed is just something you gotta do. Its not ideal - but that is survival in a nutshell. It doesnt hold your hand :) 

That said, I do believe the game woudl benefit if the player could get wool out of some animals (Bighorn-like goat that could be found in TWM, Hushed river valley) and use it to knitt some undergarments for the player which could replace things like socks, longjohns, sweaters. Would make all the clothes within the game technically "renewable" and craftable.

Edited by Mroz4k

2 hours ago, whirls said:

Rarity is great and rare items should be taken care of. But I don't want to be the wardrobe manager storing all the cloths somewhere pinpointing them for future use and calculate the logistics.... Why cant we make socks by our own - maybe by wolf pelts? Why even cant we harvest leather from pelts and create all kind of cloth - doesn't matter if its from a wolf or deer? Isn't it more "realistic'? One example is how the game Rimworld is doing it ....

Well, how else? You need to calculate your resources. And clothing restrictions are one of the factors that will allow you to predict your survival at least for some time. I've seen mods for socks made from rabbit skins. I think this is too strange and not plausible.  It's just that such a small thing has not yet reached the hands of developers.

I think about it when I see only a jacket crossed out in red on the menu. But in fact, these are scraps of rags and flaw that can not really be restored if you do not have a sewing shop. But let's say we are allowed to restore it. Are you willing to pay 1 day of work 2 sewing kits and 20 fabrics? For example. I'm not. It's easier for me to kill a wolf and make a fur coat. As for socks. As far as I know, this is not the most important thing.

2 hours ago, whirls said:

Sorry, hoped I put my concerns / suggestions on the right place. Its the wish list, I also looked and scanned some pages of each forum.

Yes, Yes. let it be as you wish. 

Edited by k0s0ff