Mysterious Signal Fire, How to get there?

Lumiiyx

I've never been to HRV before this play thru and I am lost.  I saw the signal fire when I arrived and have been trying to figure out how to get there. I believe I am near Offset Falls. There is a waterfall nearby and I am camped out in a found ruined snow shelter after climbing the rock wall with vines.  I would think the easiest route would be go to Reclusive falls and then try and navigate the ice cave up? I brought a couple spray cans to help mark the direction in the cave. I also have enough supplies with me, but I would like to try the quickest route possible.

The pic, if you look closely, shows the signal fire, middle of the pic.  Any areas to look for by name would be appreciative. Thanks!

ElOHS_uVMAEGvVZ?format=jpg&name=large

That looks like the second signal fire (there are two and one randomly spawns)

There are three ways up the plateau above the river:

• Through the ice cave behind the water fall. The far entrance (each cave has three) takes you close to the signal fire. You'll get wet walking through the waterfall
  • Simple walk up at Offset Falls
  • Take the rope climb between Reclusive Falls and the open cave

On the plateau there is a corner with another rope climb that takes you to an area above. Then I think past a thorn bush and down a vine climb you end up near the same ice cave entrance as in the first point

Technically there is a fourth way, but that would take you through the other ice cave

Generally there is no great need to rush to the signal fires. HRV is divided into five distinct sub regions that are connected various ways. You can take your time exploring each one

Edited by Serenity
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Serenity said:

That looks like the second signal fire (there are two and one randomly spawns)

There are three ways up the plateau above the river:

• Through the ice cave behind the water fall. The far entrance (each cave has three) takes you close to the signal fire. You'll get wet walking through the waterfall
  • Simple walk up at Offset Falls
  • Take the rope climb between Reclusive Falls and the open cave

On the plateau there is a corner with another rope climb that takes you to an area above. Then I think past a thorn bush and down a vine climb you end up near the same ice cave entrance as in the first point

Technically there is a fourth way, but that would take you through the other ice cave

Generally there is no great need to rush to the signal fires. HRV is divided into five distinct sub regions that are connected various ways. You can take your time exploring each one

Ok awesome. For some reason I've been having a hard time moving through the 5 sub regions that I was going in circles lol. But thank you this is very useful.

HVR can be quite difficult to navigate. However, I would suggest that you try to find the way yourself - knowing now  that there are multiple ways to reach it. Figuring it out is part of the fun! 

I made a pretty descriptive post on how I navigate around Hushed river valley back in 2018 when the region came out. If you are interested, you can see it here:

That said, I reccomend figuring it out - it is so much more rewarding as you will later find out! And once you know it, you cant really experience it for the first time again :/ 

Yeah I am not really concerned about ooh first time here I don't want it spoiled. I know the satchel can spawn there. That's the main purpose of the trip which is why I asked for areas to look for. Besides I use one of the online maps to help navigate same difference. But the map doesn't do the best job with elevation which is the major difficulty.

But yeah I don't care about spoilers in a game lol. I only ask when stuck.

Edited by LumiStylesTTV
  • Upvote 1

Update, I made it. Thank you @Serenity.  I got there going past offset, and following the cliff wall to the rope, and the loot never looked so good to see. Now I can explore the region more lol.  The weather was rough, but I got the expedition parka and my temp never really dipped.

:)

Now that I think more about it, you could have also walked up and then entered the middle ice cave entrance and used the cave to get up near the signal fire. That has the advantage of avoiding the waterfall shower. The middle entrance is also a nice base location in that area.

But the rope was probably easier to find than the cave

Guest jeffpeng

HRV is like a purse. It's just orders of magnitudes bigger on the inside than it should be physically possible, but once you figure out the madness what presented itself as chaos reveals pure genius.

Edited by jeffpeng