option for Automatically complete map and player location in custom survival

Erwin Aisbitt

For someone who enjoys wintermute (so far, can't wait for 4 and 5) i found the complete map and player direction/location marker to be incredibly helpful since I've never been so good with 'realistic' navigation.

that's why I think it wouldn't be a stretch to implement an automatically complete map and player direction/location option to custom survival (and maybe as standard in pilgrim). i know that it would help greatly with those who have difficulty with this sort of navigation system and since it's an optional feature in your run, it won't affect more experienced players who prefer the normal navigation

• Upvote 1

I get what you're saying, and definitely sympathize. When I started, I got lost constantly and it was frustrating. Then one day it all sort of "clicked" and I started recognizing things and knowing my way around, and I have to tell you when that happens, it's a kind of joy that I haven't had in any other game, because I know it wasn't just my character levelling up, but *me* levelling up. I don't want to tell you how to play or what you should ask for, but I'd encourage you to give it a bit more time and see if maybe you'll get to the point where you're happy that the game didn't give you this easier way out.

Conversely, it would be cool to have a version of Wintermute without the map. That would be cool... :)

On 9/3/2020 at 2:07 PM, Erwin Aisbitt said:

For someone who enjoys wintermute (so far, can't wait for 4 and 5) i found the complete map and player direction/location marker to be incredibly helpful since I've never been so good with 'realistic' navigation.

that's why I think it wouldn't be a stretch to implement an automatically complete map and player direction/location option to custom survival (and maybe as standard in pilgrim). i know that it would help greatly with those who have difficulty with this sort of navigation system and since it's an optional feature in your run, it won't affect more experienced players who prefer the normal navigation

there are maps completed online if you wanna cheat