Mayple Syrup and Ketchup chips availability. Intestinal parasites setting request.

Kain

Question: Mayple Syrup and ketchup chips are currently available in Interloper/low resource baseline availability custom mode setting. 

Is this intentional?

Suggestion: Make the 20 day intestinal parasite condition like in interloper an option in custom settings.

In custom settings, you can switch intestinal parasites on or off. That much I do know. 

As far as the duration of the treatment required, I never thought about that so I never looked at the settings with that in mind.  I never played with intestinal parasites ever. 

I would suppose that the devs tied the required treatment duration for parasites to the underlying mode chosen. assuming parasites were turned on.  If someone wanted an interloper experience in custom play but shorter parasite treatment duration, then they'd be expected to take any mode except Interloper and customize it to emulate Interloper. 

2 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

In custom settings, you can switch intestinal parasites on or off. That much I do know. 

As far as the duration of the treatment required, I never thought about that so I never looked at the settings with that in mind.  I never played with intestinal parasites ever. 

I would suppose that the devs tied the required treatment duration for parasites to the underlying mode chosen. assuming parasites were turned on.  If someone wanted an interloper experience in custom play but shorter parasite treatment duration, then they'd be expected to take any mode except Interloper and customize it to emulate Interloper. 

I was using Interloper as my base setting and then just tweaking the restore condition ( at rest/not) from medium to low to make it a bit more punishing, however, I wanted to retain the 20 day punishment for parasites--but there isn't a setting for it. 

Also do you know if Maple Syrup and Ketchup chips were intended to be in Interloper//low resource baseline availability?

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it!

As far as maple syrup and ketchup chips goes, I would expect (but do not know since I don't play interloper) that they could appear in an interloper mode game because only the top items, like expedition parka,  were not supposed to drop.  I would expect maple syrup being a rare and wonderful find,  and ketchup chips a bit more common since they are mostly like equivalent to beef jerky. 

Maybe someone who customizes Stalker or other modes setting to be more interloper-like might be able to answer about duration of parasite treatment with more authority.