Cleaning a gun, auto unload

Bigfatcat999

19 hours ago, gotmilkanot said:

Having served in a mandatory military service, I couldn't agree more. While it's not entirely game breaking since the player can choose to unload before cleaning, the concept of cleaning a loaded gun is just wrong.

My knowledge comes from being an American redneck. The Long Dark was my childhood. LOL

Ever since I started playing back in like 2015 or so i religiously unloaded any firearm before cleaning because i automatically thought "ah, we have the option to unload, surely there will be a consequence for not being thorough." 

NOPE, but it really needs to be a mechanic, low but definite chance for misfire for each cleaning action carried out with a loaded gun, chance for a harmless misfire that just wastes a bullet, chance for a gunshot wound. Having the ability to unload and no consequences for not doing it seems so out of place.

32 minutes ago, ThePhoenics said:

Having the ability to unload and no consequences for not doing it seems so out of place.

Although it goes against every bit of firearm safety that I've ever been taught or practice IRL, but when I am playing TLD, I intentionally clean my weapon(s) fully loaded just cause that's the way I like to roll! ;)   No consequences...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Although it goes against every bit of firearm safety that I've ever been taught or practice IRL, but when I am playing TLD, I intentionally clean my weapon(s) fully loaded just cause that's the way I like to roll! ;)   No consequences...

bahahah that's fair, where else can you get away with doing that but in TLD lol I must confess I stopped doing it after recently getting way back into the game after a break, no punishment so I won't bother being pedantic about safety XD