Energy

Pufuletul_19

Hello everybody, I don't know if it's just me but the running bar empties fast but recharges so so slow, and the energy as well, I can barely walk half of region and have like 10/15% energy left, I usually carry with me 28-31 (when I'm not hunting or looting, just scavenging) and loose energy too fast, Is it because of the items I carry or my clothes? Please help me :/

2 hours ago, Pufuletul_19 said:

Hello everybody, I don't know if it's just me but the running bar empties fast but recharges so so slow, and the energy as well, I can barely walk half of region and have like 10/15% energy left, I usually carry with me 28-31 (when I'm not hunting or looting, just scavenging) and loose energy too fast, Is it because of the items I carry or my clothes?

Hey.  Your Stamina (the running bar) does recharge slow. If you sprinted with a lot of gear, you'd be winded too.  You can unlock a feat to increase the recovery rate(although you will have to start a new sandbox to use it).  When doing strenuous exercise(rope climbing, sprinting, etc) your fatigue (eyeball) will decrease at a much faster rate.  Once you're below 50% you will get a weight penalty that continues to tick until it reaches a certain point (I think 50% of carry capacity). You will become encumbered faster and with less weight. 
May I suggest drinking some coffee before you go sprinting?  You do use less fatigue that way. Sprinting is useful in some situations, but primarily walking will and should be your mode of transportation. I know, it's slow. Sometimes, VERY rarely, if I need to get somewhere quick and I am already high fatigue, I'll use a stim just to get there (Stamina does not run out while the effects are active).  Energy drinks are wonderful if you have sequential rope climbs, but you will be quite fatigued afterward.

Some clothes do carry a penalty on your stamina bar. You can see what it is by noticing the red filled area on the bar. That is stamina that you cannot use because of the restrictive movement penalty on the clothing. You can also see which clothes are affecting it the most by looking at the clothes in your inventory and the symbol with the person moving will tell you how much that particular clothing adds to the penalty.

Also, you did not mention if you had any status afflictions(aside from encumbered). Some afflictions like Broken Ribs will definitely make a huge difference in your Stamina and weight carrying ability. Hypothermia will make you fatigued quickly. I think infections do as well.

I hope this helps!

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, wilsonaka said:

Once you're below 50% you will get a weight penalty that continues to tick until it reaches a certain point (I think 50% of carry capacity).

To be precise, 50% of your base carry capacity, so 15kg.  If you have a moosehide satchel and Well Fed buff, your weight limit while exhausted is 25kg.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, wilsonaka said:

Hey.  Your Stamina (the running bar) does recharge slow. If you sprinted with a lot of gear, you'd be winded too.  You can unlock a feat to increase the recovery rate(although you will have to start a new sandbox to use it).  When doing strenuous exercise(rope climbing, sprinting, etc) your fatigue (eyeball) will decrease at a much faster rate.  Once you're below 50% you will get a weight penalty that continues to tick until it reaches a certain point (I think 50% of carry capacity). You will become encumbered faster and with less weight. 
May I suggest drinking some coffee before you go sprinting?  You do use less fatigue that way. Sprinting is useful in some situations, but primarily walking will and should be your mode of transportation. I know, it's slow. Sometimes, VERY rarely, if I need to get somewhere quick and I am already high fatigue, I'll use a stim just to get there (Stamina does not run out while the effects are active).  Energy drinks are wonderful if you have sequential rope climbs, but you will be quite fatigued afterward.

Some clothes do carry a penalty on your stamina bar. You can see what it is by noticing the red filled area on the bar. That is stamina that you cannot use because of the restrictive movement penalty on the clothing. You can also see which clothes are affecting it the most by looking at the clothes in your inventory and the symbol with the person moving will tell you how much that particular clothing adds to the penalty.

Also, you did not mention if you had any status afflictions(aside from encumbered). Some afflictions like Broken Ribs will definitely make a huge difference in your Stamina and weight carrying ability. Hypothermia will make you fatigued quickly. I think infections do as well.

I hope this helps!

Thanks man, I already knew everything except the coffee one, I'm good at the game and I know these, I was just wondering if it was just me, thanks anyway :)