Shortcut Bleak Inlet Cannery

SirSharper

There is a post going on over in the "Survival" section of the forums regarding access to the Milling machine/ammo bench. Everyone seems to be in agreement that the first time you have to get across, its not too bad (and kind of a fun little obstacle course). But is there any way a climbing Point could be added to the other side of the pier, so that after we do it once, if we have a rope, we can easily place it...so that we dont have to do the grind EVERY time. (I must be on my 20th time through in the 260 day stint i currently have going)

• Upvote 2

While Hinterland can always surprise us, I doubt that any shortcut would be provided until and unless some quest in episode 4 (when it is released) - which by implication should happen in Coastal Highway - requires Astrid or Will (how he gets there I do not know) to access the workshop.  Yes, it is a long walk around, but if they do not have  a quest that requires access to the workshop there is no reason for them to provide one and if there would be a quest then no reason to let the cat out of the bag. 

For example, access to Skeeter's Ridge was previously restricted to the road from the east side or a two rope climb (which replaced a footpath up from vicinity of Draft Dodgers).  Then with CE, there was now an additional path from Skeeters down to the river on the west side. 

I am about to enter Bleak Inlet and go to the workshop.  I would like for the path in the Cannery to be shorter, but I don't expect anything to change. 

1 hour ago, UTC-10 said:

For example, access to Skeeter's Ridge was previously restricted to the road from the east side or a two rope climb (which replaced a footpath up from vicinity of Draft Dodgers).  

You could also go into the other direction and then instead of walking up the snow road head sharp right up the hill. At the top climb over some rocks and you'd end up near Burned Ridge cave. I always took that route as the rope climb is way too long. The new path makes that kind of official.

On 6/19/2020 at 5:26 PM, UTC-10 said:

While Hinterland can always surprise us, I doubt that any shortcut would be provided until and unless some quest in episode 4 (when it is released) - which by implication should happen in Coastal Highway - requires Astrid or Will (how he gets there I do not know) to access the workshop.  Yes, it is a long walk around, but if they do not have  a quest that requires access to the workshop there is no reason for them to provide one and if there would be a quest then no reason to let the cat out of the bag. 

For example, access to Skeeter's Ridge was previously restricted to the road from the east side or a two rope climb (which replaced a footpath up from vicinity of Draft Dodgers).  Then with CE, there was now an additional path from Skeeters down to the river on the west side. 

I am about to enter Bleak Inlet and go to the workshop.  I would like for the path in the Cannery to be shorter, but I don't expect anything to change. 

I agree that we're not likely to see a change anytime soon. Some people misinterpreted what Raphael said in an earlier quote that there *currently* existed a way to get to the workshop through other means, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I find the most frustrating part getting to the workshop is that because the only access is via rope, you can't take very much with you to the cannery workshop in one go unless you ferry it back and forth up the rope multiple times. Heavy things, like the lead for the bullets or firewood/coal to keep the furnace going, have to be brought up and all the way around. On top of it all, there are all these crates inside the workshop which you can't even break down - they're just there for decoration.

Edited by ToAsT

Discovered that the first two tiers of crates in the workshop can now be touched and presumably broken down.  The third tier on top still cannot be touched.  

The presence of the mountaineering rope in the workshop is about the only reason why I would think that a future Story mode quest will happen there and that there may be a "shortcut" to be revealed.  I look forward to Hinterland springing that "surprise" on us eventually.  :) 

• Upvote 1