Unfair death/glitch in Ravine. Has anyone else experienced this?

casper613

I have been playing on stalker, 45 days in and was traveling to Bleak Inlet through the ravine. I had no mountaineering rope so I started to creep down along the edge. My first drop was incredibly small, I've gone down 5x that without any sprains (keep in mind I was at full condition with 5% well fed boost) and I died immediately. Was this supposed to happen? Some trigger point that kills you (expecting you fell off the tree bridge) or was this a glitch? Was really looking forward to exploring Bleak Inlet for the first time and this really dampened my mood. Any replies / answers would be great. Thanks!

There are at least 5 areas (but possibly more) that I've come across that cause instant death when you set foot on them.  These "instant kill spots" have prematurely ended 2 of my last 3 runs (and a few more that I've stumbled onto in the past).

:coffee::fire::coffee:
I've reported them via Support Portal, but I have no way of knowing if those spots are intentional ... or something else.

Edited by ManicManiac

On 6/7/2020 at 7:41 PM, casper613 said:

I have been playing on stalker, 45 days in and was traveling to Bleak Inlet through the ravine. I had no mountaineering rope so I started to creep down along the edge. My first drop was incredibly small, I've gone down 5x that without any sprains (keep in mind I was at full condition with 5% well fed boost) and I died immediately. Was this supposed to happen? Some trigger point that kills you (expecting you fell off the tree bridge) or was this a glitch? Was really looking forward to exploring Bleak Inlet for the first time and this really dampened my mood. Any replies / answers would be great. Thanks!

that particular area has almost always had an instant death trigger when trying to goat walk down to the bottom.  back when the game was in it's infancy, quite a few players on the forums attempted to find a path down and only a handful were successful.  (side note, you might wanna look up some of the old threads as there were some great screen shots of what looked like the area under development.)  As I recall, they came down the sides on or near the train trestle on the CH side of the  tunnel entrance.  Those lucky to make it down there of course never made it back up so anyone attempting to do so always did with a "disposable" character cause we knew you would die, either trying or from making it to the bottom and being trapped forever...  There were some good screenshots of the area "under development" and the community was rife with speculation as to what the dev teams intentions were with developing that area into a new region.  

• Upvote 1