Another animal suicide!

ajb1978

I found another animal that spontaneously died for no apparent reason!  This time it was a wolf in Desolation Point, 37% frozen by the time I found it.  I'm starting to think this is a new feature of the game--has anyone else discovered dead wildlife (not ravaged carcasses, actual freshly-dead animals) that you didn't shoot?  First it was a deer in Pleasant Valley in story mode, then it was a bear in Bleak Inlet a couple days ago, and now this wolf in Desolation Point.  Twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern.

Actually, I think I did. I came upon a dead wolf that was not very frozen (about 30%) that I thought I had shot the day before. It was either in TWM or PV, I can't remember. It didn't seem frozen enough to have been out overnight, but I didn't really think about it at the time. But now that you mention it, it might be another example.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, remember that there are a lot of ways for him to bleed out. getting in a struggle with a wolf and using a sharp tool will always cause them to bleed out and die somewhere. I was able to shoot a bear with a revolver, then sleep through the night and when I woke up he was dead, 50% frozen even when it's been twelve or so hours. Like this, every wound you inflict will eventually kill the animal.