Hi from a displaced Texan

Hi WendigoWalker here,

I've been playing the long dark for a long time but I am new to the forums. I have really enjoyed the game and I love the direction it is taking. In the past two weeks, I've convinced four more people to start playing the game!

The long dark and the work Hinterland has done has actually led me to pick up Unity engine as a hobby. I have an idea for how I want to mod the game. I've never made a game mod before but I have a very good idea of the scope of the mod. Any support will be greatly appreciated. As I continue my classes in Unity, you will see me in the forums asking questions on modification topics.

Good to be here everyone and great job Hinterland!

• Upvote 1

On 5/22/2020 at 12:18 PM, WendigoWalker said:

Hi WendigoWalker here,

I've been playing the long dark for a long time but I am new to the forums. I have really enjoyed the game and I love the direction it is taking. In the past two weeks, I've convinced four more people to start playing the game!

The long dark and the work Hinterland has done has actually led me to pick up Unity engine as a hobby. I have an idea for how I want to mod the game. I've never made a game mod before but I have a very good idea of the scope of the mod. Any support will be greatly appreciated. As I continue my classes in Unity, you will see me in the forums asking questions on modification topics.

Good to be here everyone and great job Hinterland!

Hello right back at ya!  Always good to see some new folks on the Forums who love TLD as much as we all do here.  
You piqued my interest when you mentioned modding.  Be sure to check into Hinterland's upcoming User Generated Content project that they are working on that will open up modding to the TLD community.  Their plan is mentioned in the latest newsletter.  Looking forward to hearing more about your modding ideas!

• Upvote 1