Hand Warmers

SiegeCorrupt

There's already a variety of consumables that add heat. Holding a lit torch, lantern, or flare in your hand adds +3°C to your temperature. Eating hot food and drinks such as tea immediately fills your temperature 20% and adds an extra +4°C for up to 2 hours while active.

Hand warmers wouldn't do anything that renaming a flare wouldn't do, plus flares are more versatile, protecting you from wolves and letting you light fires in addition to warming you up.

• Like 1

:coffee::fire:

On 4/21/2020 at 1:00 AM, ManicManiac said:

I recommend the search function, as there has been a lot of good discussion around this topic in previous posts...

On 4/9/2020 at 12:43 AM, ManicManiac said:

I'm generally not in favor of things that make the game "easier" or "more convenient" for the player.

On 5/6/2019 at 12:31 AM, ManicManiac said:

20: Hand warmers - There are already so many options for hand coverings/protection and for warming up... I don't see this as necessary.

5 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

I'm generally not in favor of things that make the game "easier" or "more convenient" for the player.

It's not really about making the game easier, it's more about making it realistic. Last year I went up to Canada for vacation and not one person didn't have at least one hand warmer in there car or on them that I talked to.

5 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

20: Hand warmers - There are already so many options for hand coverings/protection and for warming up... I don't see this as necessary.

It may not be necessary, but something that can make a good game is the little details, like hand warmers.

The reason I brought up adding hand warmers is because I was playing tdl and my character was freezing and I went into a car cause I thought it would warm me up but it didn't. I had no flares, no torches, and nothing else that would heat me up. If they added hand warmers and I was lucky to find one In that car it might've given me that little push to stay alive a few more days. And not to mention I had already survived almost ten days and died during a blizzard cause I had nothing to warm me up.

Edited by SiegeCorrupt