Faithful Cartographer Achievement doesn't unlock :/

mrxy2013

Hey guys,

first of all, excuse some english mistakes, it's not my main language :)

I have a problem with the Faithful Cartographer achievement and i think this thread may help some of you. I unlocked 286 locations, BUT:

Pleasant Valley: The Abandoned Mine-Icon ist not an "Icon", i have to zoom in to see the symbol, i marked every spot around it, but i don't get the icon.

Mountain Town: Location Trigger - Milton Basin. I know that i unlocked this place after climbing down the two ropes, but there's no text on my map. Is there no text? Where do i have to mark the spot?

Bleak Inlet: Are there two Icons (exactly) on the same spot? Workshop and Last Resort Cannery? The pinned post says there should be two different locations, but i only got one of them.

These are all of the bugs i can complain, here are a few other things:

The official wiki, the forum and the game  is sometimes different when it comes to icons and transition zones. In Forlorn Muskeg i have two radio towers and three transition zones as an icon, the wiki says one and two. The stone church in Desolation Point is not listed. In Coastal Highway there are two icons called Abandoned Mine in-game (one lower and one upper mine). Ravine has three times "Leave", the wiki says one. In Timberwolf Mountain there are two wings as icon, the wiki says one. And there was something with Mountain Town and the number of Leave-Icons, but i can't remember atm.

I saw the note in the guide to mark one random spot in EVERY map, because of an early bug or fix, i don't know. I mean this was v1.19, the actual version is v1.74. Do i really have to walk through the whole map? When yes, is it enough to mark the entrance? I think about Hushed River Valley and Broken Railroad and don't want to visit every single spot again :/

Please help :)

Thanks for reading!

@ManicManiac

If the location trigger pops in, i immediately use my charcoal and in 95 % of the cases the location (or the icon) is mapped. 

I double-checked all locations with this guide linked above and with the official wiki. I still miss the location "Milton Basin", but i have to say i didn't map every detail. You can see this in the picture, it's in german, but i hope you can find your way :)

Milton Basis should named between "Felsige Zuflucht" (equals Rocky Refuge) and "Bauernhof von Paradiesauen" (equals Paradise Meadows Farm) if i read the map correctly.

I searched a lot the last few days and it could be a solution that i didn't visit every ice-cave in HRV... have to check this again. Same with the "Lookout" in ML.

20200303180434_1.jpg

@peteloud

Thanks! But there's no text like "Rocky Refuge" right? Because the guide (

) says Location: Milton Basin and Location Trigger: Milton Basin. And all other locations are mapped, i'm really confused about that :D 

Or do i have to clear the whole basin to get that location done?

• 2 weeks later...

Nevermind, I just managed to map the crashed plan icon. 

In case anybody else is as well struggling: you need to stay on the upper level, go as far to the right as you can, then step as close to the cliff as possible. I just mapped from this position and the icon finally showed up (after about 50 tries, spending a blizzard outside in the cold, and lighting fires whenever there was not too much wind ;))

• 2 months later...

Hi there, my problem with the Faitful Cartographer Trophy is: I cant Map some location trigger like,

Mountain Town
Location Trigger - Spruce Falls Bridge
Location Trigger - Paradise Meadows Farm
Location Trigger - Crashed Plane
Location Trigger - Cave (North)

Hushed River Valley

Location Trigger - Landslide

Location Trigger - Many Falls Vista

Bleak Inlet

Location Trigger - Last Resort Cannery
Location Trigger - Fallen Lighthouse
Location Trigger - Echo One Radio Tower

Maybe I have to map it in a special place?

I´m playing on PS4

Any Tips?

• 10 months later...

In the Journal/Collections/Surveyed Locations/Ash Canyon (and most others), after Forced Reveal, it lists things like 'TO ASH CANYON' as one of the required trophies.  All Regions seem to have similar requirements.  I can't seem to collect them.  While travelling from Timberwolf to Ash Canyon via either route, I try mapping both ends and even while in the middle (thought it won't let me map inside the cave).  Nothing ever shows up on the achieved Locations list.  Any ideas?

On 4/9/2021 at 12:57 PM, pjorhome said:

...it lists things like 'TO ASH CANYON' as one of the required trophies. ...  I can't seem to collect them.  ...

What I've found to work for those transitional arrows/caves/etc. is to walk towards them until you get the "Leave Mountain Town" or whatever they say, then immediately *turn around* and take your charcoal sketch. I've not had one *not* show up since I've done it this way...