Question about GoG for Hinterland

odizzido

I understand if you guys don't say why, but I was wondering why you guys pulled TLD off of GoG. Is GoG really awful to deal with or something? Do they charge a lot? Was it just not worth the hassle?

I like to know what I am supporting so I would really like to know. From my perspective GoG is the best platform around but if they treat you guys really poorly then that's something that could influence my decisions going forward.

Hi @odizzido,

We don't have much to add to what @Raphael van Lierop said in a Milton Mailbag when asked about GOG.

Just a business decision, like dozens I make every day. We'll continue supporting the GOG build for our existing customers so nobody is negatively impacted by this removal.

We are committed to continuing to support our players who purchased the game through that avenue, and are releasing updates for them alongside our other users.  

• 3 months later...
On 2/6/2020 at 2:19 AM, Admin said:

We are committed to continuing to support our players who purchased the game through that avenue, and are releasing updates for them alongside our other users.  

Necroing the thread just to say how much I appreciate this part.

I do understand that there's something you can't/won't say, but committing to NOT making the end customer pay the price of a "business decision" is a noble gesture. And I'm ready to bet that if, in a somewhat distant future, you decide to abandon the GOG development branch you'll come up with a system to not leaving your GOG users behind.

TY

5 hours ago, ErPanfi said:

Necroing the thread just to say how much I appreciate this part.

I do understand that there's something you can't/won't say, but committing to NOT making the end customer pay the price of a "business decision" is a noble gesture. And I'm ready to bet that if, in a somewhat distant future, you decide to abandon the GOG development branch you'll come up with a system to not leaving your GOG users behind.

TY

as a newbie, i want to say that i appreciate this part too. huge thanks for everyone who's taking their time for this as that's super helpful for someone like me!

Removed some posts. 

Just to be clear we have always had a delay between when an Update is released on Steam and when it reaches GoG. We work hard to keep this to a minimum. Yelling at us about it doesn't make it go faster.

Locking thread as this topic is well out of date.

• Like 1

• Admin locked this topic