Custom difficulty for challenges

qqqbbb

@qqqbbb

That's really subjective.  I enjoy playing them more than once and I have a lot of fun with them.  :) 

However, speaking to your idea... what we can do with the game right now is start a custom difficulty survival sandbox, and set personal challenges for ourselves... this can provide us with as many "challenges" at whatever difficulty we want.  (we just need to be a little creative, and have a little discipline to follow our own rules)

We could also just opt to play the challenges in different ways, or with additional limitations (this does require a little bit of creatively and discipline as well, but it works and it's also fun - at least I think so).

:coffee::fire:
I've been working on one of my personal challenges for months now... :D and I've had loads of fun. 

Edited by ManicManiac

@ManicManiac- heh. One fellow on the Steam forums played The Hunted Part1, and thought outside of the box on it. He traveled the entire Great Bear Island (prior to Bleak Inlet), or at least a great deal of it, to see if the bear would follow him, and hunt him in regions outside of the "normal" Challenge regions. He went to the Summit in TWM... and yep. Reported the bear appeared at the Summit. I played Nomad, and dragged it out by going everywhere but where I was supposed to stay 3 nights at. At least the non-timed Challenges can be really fun to try in completely different ways, no timer ticking away. Speedruns are a possibility too. I know several have posted incredible times on As The Dead Sleep, and some really impressive times for Whiteout and Hopeless Rescue. 

Not sure custom Settings would be good for Challenges since there is an achievement/trophy for completing all of them (except As The dead Sleep). I like that we are all on an even playing field, no one being able to turn settings down to "easy peasy" and play them in "almost God Mode". 

Would love to see some new challenges someday, though. Either from Hinterland, or from modders, after we get official modding support. I am sure there are some really good ideas for new Challenges floating around out there.