Wolf Blizzard Walker

Ice Hole

Four hour of blizzard and this wolf was walking around outside the fishing village in Coastal Highway. 

image.thumb.png.be796a0cf7ebd20e69849b67e11ca234.png

Started the day by taking a shot at a deer.  Made the hit, increased archery level, quartered the carcass.  A wolf come over when it smelled lunch.  Dropped the meat bag and guts and backed off.  The wolf started heading towards the stuff so I try the shot and miss.  The wolf runs off.  Brought a bag of meat into the hut and carved off a steak.  While the steak cooked I returned to the remaining meat bags and brought that near to the fishing hut.  Needing firewood I continued towards the fish camp when growling bear appears.  So I double back.   Now wolf spots me and starts tagging along.  There are deer still present on the ice and I walk towards them.  Wolf decides to bite a deer.  So being the smart loper I notch an arrow while wolf enjoys his last meal. 

Did the wind take my arrow?  How do I miss these easy shots? 

The day became snowy.  The second deer was quartered.  Then a blizzard started to howl and I returned to the fishing hut to harvest the meat bag and cook another steak.  The other bags of meat were within eyesight so I ventured into the blizzard to retrieve them.  

Grab four guts and four meat bags then from out of the blizzard a bark a growl then I could see wolf come at me.  Dropped all of it then ducked inside a fishing hut to take refuge.  The wolf did not bother me so I continued with the bag of meat and cook a few more steaks.

Harvesting 1 kg meat at a time and then dropping it to the floor was the cautious method I employ.  Thought to grab the other meat bags and bring them into the hut.  This time after carving off 1 kg of meat I did not drop the steaks and once again this trooper starts barking growling and coming at me.  To be honest I was surprised.  The blizzard is raging for a couple hours and this wolf is not giving up.  Bring out a rock to scare it off.  I continued butchering cautiously with out any more incidents.  The images were taken after butchering for an hour.

To my knowledge walking around in a blizzard was safe with no critters loitering around.

654210679_screen_(-57224674)_d301ae55-345b-45dd-bbe2-2c1b5aba4497.thumb.png.94f1ca0f150916b2f100a552584dd696.png

Can you spot the Wolf?

screen_b59e75c1-fc04-4921-9e45-03284b9f5200.thumb.png.aedb18e65be85f3f50c8a54f95ad2c61.png

This image is hard to see so here it is zoomed in.

249902064_WolfBlizzardWalker.thumb.png.8faebe157b1870ac56ff4fe43f8e46e2.png

1369026890_WolfBlizzardWalkerZoom.thumb.png.6a63141e4341ab68c96049c4ff752853.png

• 4 weeks later...

As far as I know, predators  are less likely in a blizzard but not impossible.  Somewhere else I read a post that predators wouldn't spawn during a blizzard but ones that were already out would  continue to wander;  I've no idea if that was someone's theory or if its been proven.

Edited by Milany
grammar & Spelling