Cigarettes and Alcohol

desertedone

Cigarettes: Offers temporary condition which is lost after it's duration. Can also be used as a lighting source for campfire. Cigarettte's smell can also deter wolves slightly. 

Whiskey, Beer, Wine: Grants calories and water. Cures cabin fever. Can be used as an accelerant or antiseptic. Drinking too much however can cause you to shake back and forth like low on condition. Makes you unable to aim properly. 

Peach Wine Crafting: Requires Pinnacle Peaches, Tomato Soup, and Box of Crackers. Left in a bottle in a house like curing. Has a % shown on how long it is fermenting. I guess that's a bit of a stretch but would be interesting. Very good way to use low quality Pinnacle Peaches and turn it into something edible. 

Edited by desertedone

51 minutes ago, desertedone said:

Peach Wine Crafting: Requires Pinnacle Peaches, Tomato Soup, and Box of Crackers. Left in a bottle in a house like curing. Has a % shown on how long it is fermenting. I guess that's a bit of a stretch but would be interesting. Very good way to use low quality Pinnacle Peaches and turn it into something edible. 

As for cigarettes, I honestly doubt that would fly. Lots of anti tabaco right now, and I doubt the company would look into such a thing

As for alcohol, I can see what your getting at here. The ability to ferment things into alcohol. Maybe more than just the peaches, maybe the mushrooms, birch bark, heck cattails even, can create useful styles of alcohol!

Extremely easy to do in reality, but difficult to induce into the game.....I like the idea tho, alcohol could be good to have as a disinfectant, if you improve your distilling ability, you can improve the condition of alcohol you produce to the point where it could be used as a fuel to start fires faster or fuel your lantern, lots of things this could do and very useful in the post apocalyptic universe.

However to be implemented into the game would require a lot of tools and work. For brutally simple alcohol production, yeah you could just get away with letting peaches cure, maybe adding a new item in game, yeast, to add to make it realistic, but right away we either add a new item to the game for one purpose, or just imagine that peaches ferment on their own.

The more hardcore route would require a bunch of new tools implemented into the game, if not an entire work station. You would need a pot, a pressure cooker lid to fit the pot, copper line, some sort of adhesive to connect the pieces, and a collection pot. Last but not least, you would have to ensure the temperature would be fully controlled. At least for a makeshift still, honestly a whole work still station makes better sense, but with that said, other than fuel for the lamp, fires, or disinfectant, alcohol really doesn't have much use at all in the game. Even if it was to be consumed, its health risks far outweigh its benefits.....

In the end, alcohol and cigarettes will probably not be useful or wanted by a large percentage of the player base. As a gamer, I would not like it. As a mechanic, I want to get one of the trucks running! XD

2 hours ago, wizard03 said:

As for cigarettes, I honestly doubt that would fly. Lots of anti tabaco right now, and I doubt the company would look into such a thing

As for alcohol, I can see what your getting at here. The ability to ferment things into alcohol. Maybe more than just the peaches, maybe the mushrooms, birch bark, heck cattails even, can create useful styles of alcohol!

Extremely easy to do in reality, but difficult to induce into the game.....I like the idea tho, alcohol could be good to have as a disinfectant, if you improve your distilling ability, you can improve the condition of alcohol you produce to the point where it could be used as a fuel to start fires faster or fuel your lantern, lots of things this could do and very useful in the post apocalyptic universe.

However to be implemented into the game would require a lot of tools and work. For brutally simple alcohol production, yeah you could just get away with letting peaches cure, maybe adding a new item in game, yeast, to add to make it realistic, but right away we either add a new item to the game for one purpose, or just imagine that peaches ferment on their own.

The more hardcore route would require a bunch of new tools implemented into the game, if not an entire work station. You would need a pot, a pressure cooker lid to fit the pot, copper line, some sort of adhesive to connect the pieces, and a collection pot. Last but not least, you would have to ensure the temperature would be fully controlled. At least for a makeshift still, honestly a whole work still station makes better sense, but with that said, other than fuel for the lamp, fires, or disinfectant, alcohol really doesn't have much use at all in the game. Even if it was to be consumed, its health risks far outweigh its benefits.....

In the end, alcohol and cigarettes will probably not be useful or wanted by a large percentage of the player base. As a gamer, I would not like it. As a mechanic, I want to get one of the trucks running! XD

I mean it would be fun though. Can imagine a challenge where you have to complete it completely drunk. 

11 hours ago, desertedone said:

I mean it would be fun though. Can imagine a challenge where you have to complete it completely drunk. 

In most, if not all, provinces of Canada, hunting while under the influence is as much a crime in many places and driving under the influence.  Regardless of the laws, it is also very dangerous and foolish.  I don't think Hinterlands would want to be perceived as promoting it.