What is more scary to face grey wolfs or the new timber wolfs?

wolfman12345

On 12/21/2019 at 11:26 AM, wolfman12345 said:

I haven't seen timber wolfs yet. But I do see alot of grey wolfs.   Are timber wolfs more deadly  then the Grey wolfs in game?  What do the timber wolfs do different that the Grey wolfs cant?   

Currently the timber wolves are a bit over powered in my opinion, but they only spawn on bleak inlet region. How they attack is first you get a moral bar at the bottom of your screen. Maybe you can hear them coming if you have headphones on. 

Next they wait till more than one is on your character before they attack. When they attack you can either choose to try and scare them off or kill one......running does not work, fires do not work {unconfirmed}, takes multiple shots if you use a gun unless you can kill one, hiding does not work, regular flares/torches do not work, {although technically it does not work with regular wolves right now either. this may be fixed later} 

Pretty much the only thing you can do when you encounter timber wolves is shoot, throw stones {unconfirmed}, use the blue flares {throwing the blue flare will scare them away a bit, as well as deter their morale meter}, use bow and arrow {unconfirmed, but plausible}, and try to get into an enclosure with a bed and sleep them away.

As for them trying to attack you, for the most part they do "drive by" tactics....Sometimes its torn clothing, sometimes its a sprained ankle, and of course possible bleed out wounding. Every so often, its a typical "wolf attack"...They jump on top of you, you struggle, smash the button repeatedly, maybe you live, maybe you die. If you stab one in self defense, their moral meter only goes down a bit. Unless the animal dies, then the moral meter disappears and the wolves run away. The best bet in this scenario is to use a gun and try to kill one. If your on interloper, blue flares, bow and arrow, flare gun, and maybe stones....maybe.

So in conclusion, timber wolves is NOT fight or flight. Its fight!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Currently the timber wolves are a bit over powered in my opinion, but they only spawn on bleak inlet region. How they attack is first you get a moral bar at the bottom of your screen. Maybe you can hear them coming if you have headphones on. 

Next they wait till more than one is on your character before they attack. When they attack you can either choose to try and scare them off or kill one......running does not work, fires do not work {unconfirmed}, takes multiple shots if you use a gun unless you can kill one, hiding does not work, regular flares/torches do not work, {although technically it does not work with regular wolves right now either. this may be fixed later} 

Pretty much the only thing you can do when you encounter timber wolves is shoot, throw stones {unconfirmed}, use the blue flares {throwing the blue flare will scare them away a bit, as well as deter their morale meter}, use bow and arrow {unconfirmed, but plausible}, and try to get into an enclosure with a bed and sleep them away.

As for them trying to attack you, for the most part they do "drive by" tactics....Sometimes its torn clothing, sometimes its a sprained ankle, and of course possible bleed out wounding. Every so often, its a typical "wolf attack"...They jump on top of you, you struggle, smash the button repeatedly, maybe you live, maybe you die. If you stab one in self defense, their moral meter only goes down a bit. Unless the animal dies, then the moral meter disappears and the wolves run away. The best bet in this scenario is to use a gun and try to kill one. If your on interloper, blue flares, bow and arrow, flare gun, and maybe stones....maybe.

So in conclusion, timber wolves is NOT fight or flight. Its fight!

That's way I like playing against them :D I just met them it is a fun challenge for me:)