Controversial: Timberwolves are awesome, but they all turn at once

monsieur_cronky

I can't speak for other difficulties, but I've taken my 170d Voyageur to explore Bleak Inlet, and boy oh boy do I feel alive again. 

PRO TIP: YOU CAN TURN OFF THE MORALE METER VIA THE IN-GAME SETTINGS MENU!!!   THANK YOU HINTERLAND!!!

I am really enjoying the interaction with the Timberwolves. I love how if you get close enough, they all stop and look at you. You look back at them. They look at you. It's tense. But don't look too long - you'll lose your chance to get out of there.

My strategy has been to scout for them in good weather, then retreat and find some environmental advantage. Once I've found that, I'll go back and engage them. In this way, I've managed to eradicate one pack, and whittle down one more. But my favourite part was getting caught by a large new pack, while harvesting one from the old pack. I feel like their behaviour has been improved from the original Wintermute - it wasn't so hard or stressful as it was. I think they might keep their distance more now?

Only issue from my perspective: When they're in 'idle' mode, just roaming around, they often all turn at once! It looks kind of silly. When they change direction, they do so almost simultaneously. Would look far more natural if there were a few seconds delay between their moves.

Great work Hinterland! They're an awesome addition, and thanks for listening to the feedback (well, maybe you were going to do all this anyway...)

9 hours ago, Gazbeard said:

Didn't like or enjoy them in Episode 3, and expect to like them even less in survival.

You probably won't... but there are those of us who do enjoy them.  :)  ...or at the very lease willing to adapt to the situation and accept them.

:coffee::fire:
I think the Timber Wolves are an interesting challenge, I'm going to enjoy trying to figure out how best to live with them.

Edited by ManicManiac