Fireplace at Log Sort in Coastal Highway?

Rebeccap2012

It's a mistake on the map most likely, although behind the blue trailer there's a sort of divot in the ground by the dark rocks, which seems to be low enough that it counts as protected from wind from every angle, so that makes for a good makeshift firepit.  I've never had a fire blow out in there.

• Upvote 1

Keep in mind that Whiteberry made those maps a very long time ago. And that they are all out of date (as she notes on the Steam Guide where she published them, and that map is pulled from). "Fireplace" also means burn barrel on her maps. Could be that there once was a burn barrel there, that was removed at some point in time. You could check each of the Time Capsule versions (if you use a Steam copy of the game) to see if there was one there when CH was first added, or see if there was one there and when it was changed/removed. Whiteberry is no longer making new maps, or updating the ones she made long ago. So, any Whiteberry maps you see have possible inaccuracies on them now. (Someone is making maps of newer regions, using the same SW she used, and that have the same look, use the same icons... but they have not done updated versions of the original Whiteberry maps).

(It appears the author of the Wiki did update the map with the new mine entrance... maybe contact the Wiki author and ask them to update Log Sort as well. The original Whiteberry map does not have that mine entrance on it in the Steam Guide).

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=530202531

530202531_preview_CoastalHighway.thumb.png.cbac59b6b88fbebe1dae8c460a6a57c0.png

Edited by ThePancakeLady

I know the maps were done ages ago, as like I said above, I have been editing my copies as I explore and noticed that certain things have been added/removed or just moved in general lol.
I asked about the fireplace in this location as I didn't know if it was a random fire spawn per map or if there was a permanent one here as I don't want to have to make a load of new saves over and over to see if one spawns or not. So it's good to ask to get others experience of that area :)
This is as far as I have edited her map on CH so far (still got a fair bit to go) : 

Coastal Highway Map.png

Like I said, check the Time Capsule version on Steam if you play on a Steam copy of the game. I don't recall if there was a burn barrel there 3 1/2 years ago when I started playing. Vague memories of a burn barrel by the trailer, but I could be mis-remembering it, since there is a trailer in the game that does have a burn barrel outside of it (Mountain Town). Lots of things changed during Early Access, and since the game went gold. Hard to remember each and every detail. The only way to know for sure if she made a mistake there when she made the map is to check the version closest to when she published that map (the date she gives on the Steam Guide, noting when the map was made).