Faithful cartographer updated for ep3 changes?

sierra 117

I'm hoping someone at HL can comment on this. 

I have just started a new run for the purpose of getting this achievement.

However I have noticed that the location list provided by HL has not been updated

I have started in TWM currently getting the summit loot before heading to PV. 

So I'm just curious if it's worth waiting until this has been updated? (if it hasn't already)

With all the work you folks have had with ep3, I could totally understand how this could have been overlooked.

@sierra 117
I dropped that question in the Milton Mailbag back on Oct 4th... I'm hoping that when Raph has the time to do another dispatch, we might get clarification.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:03 AM, ManicManiac said:

With the advent of Crossroads Elegy, I do have a couple of questions that are relevant to what I'm doing in my current survival sandbox run:

- Will the potential updates to the Pleasant Valley region impact the requirements for the Faithful Cartographer achievement?
- If so, for those of us that have already mapped out Pleasant Valley (or most of it in my case) would we be able to go to the new/updated locations and be able to update the map to reflect those changes?

[Context]
I've had experiences in the past where once an area was mapped I wasn't able to "update" what was showing on the map to make it current (for example - I found a prop carcass, harvested it... but then when I used charcoal to update that spot, the mark of the carcass still remained on my map even though it was long gone).

Edited by ManicManiac

Really hoping to get an answer for this soon.

As I am now at the point in my faithful cartographer run, where I am ready to leave TWM to map other areas. Hoping to get PV done before weather gets too bad.

I could just pass through and start mapping other regions / hold off entering PV at all. Atleast until the next update or we can get some clarification .

I just got the Faithful Cartographer trophy, wasnt sure if i needed to go back to PV and map again so I did.... but the new plane crash and Molly's barn arent named on survival mode (you can imagine how chuffed I was when I trekked all the way to the plane crash for no reason haha). I remapped where the crossroads are, not sure if that is necessary or not for the achievement. 

Hope this helps

• Upvote 1