Intended change or not?

Renn

I couldn't find any information about it in the patch notes, nor any topics already about it but let me know if I missed it. 

I've noticed in episode three I could add coal to my fire immidiately, but I assumed this was intended because it's story mode. However I can also do this in my interloper survival game now, where before the update you had to leave a fire burning for 30 minutes before you could add any. Is this a bug/glitch or was this an intended change with ep 3?

Guest jeffpeng

I wonder about this, too, and made a post about how not having changelogs isn't the greatest thing ever. I personally suspect it's a bug, but I wouldn't be too unhappy if it was actually a change for good. It always bothered me that I have a backpack full of coal, but I'm still freezing at a fire until it is "old" enough to dump coal into it.

They post the release notes, but yeah these aren't a traditional changelog. I feel like they do this on purpose. They want us to know that they clearly addressed some things and changed them, but other things they change without telling us so we can figure it out for ourselves. Sometimes, this can be fun! Other times, it can be maddening.

As for this change specifically, I'm all for it. I also hated having to lose condition while my fire got mature enough to accept my coal. Hopefully, it was intentional, and it's not an error that they eventually "fix". :fire:

• Upvote 1

On 10/31/2019 at 10:29 AM, Renn said:

I couldn't find any information about it in the patch notes, nor any topics already about it but let me know if I missed it. 

I've noticed in episode three I could add coal to my fire immidiately, but I assumed this was intended because it's story mode. However I can also do this in my interloper survival game now, where before the update you had to leave a fire burning for 30 minutes before you could add any. Is this a bug/glitch or was this an intended change with ep 3?

Yeah the v1.60 allows us to add the coal just after lighting the fire (ignition wood is still necessary). This transforms coal into the ideal fuel for its excellent weight / duration / temperature ratio

Funny. People complain about all kinds of things NOT being realistic, but then appreciate the ability to start a a fire with coals. Take a look at the coals, these are not just traditional coals you get for grilling. Good luck setting one of these on fire with a match.

I always like the 30 min delay, it makes for welcome realism.

-t