Did I miss something with Astrid story ? [No Spoilers]

avocado_mayhem

Just to be sure, we still have no idea what happened to Astrid between the initial crash with Will and the moment she's rescued by Molly in the snow (except for the glimpses showed in the launch trailer and what Grey Mother told us)  or did I miss something, somewhere ? I thought I remembered a trailer showing that she witnessed the crash happening in PV (can't seem to find it again)  but maybe it's been cut in the release. Furthermore, the timeline is a little messed up in my mind regarding Will's last scene in the dam, where the convict tells him that the last person who lied to him ended in a bad shape. I guess he means Astrid, but was that supposed to happen before or after Episode 3 ?

If I didn't miss anything, I thought we would learn more about Astrid's whereabouts right after the crash. Maybe it'll come later, or maybe I skipped something I shouldn't have. Could anyone light my lantern about that ?

Thanks !

Yeah, you missed something.

In the first conversation sequence with Molly, most of what you’re talking about is covered.  

Have you played the Redux version of chapter 1?  What Astrid says to Molly makes more sense if you have

*spoiler warning about episode 1 and 2* You have talks with the Gray Mother about Astrid, and you find her scarf in the buss on the other side of the tunnel, things like that.. small hints.. can't remember in detail as Its been a wile sins I played episode 1 and  2.. but yes there are talks about Astrid there.. 

Yes, I did play the Redux and I picked what Grey Mother said and the conversation with Molly. It's just that I expected to learn more about what happened between the crash and the start of Episode 3. The fact that she left a message with her blood for example and her probable encounter with the dam guy doesn't seemed to be covered at all. Maybe this will be covered by a later flashback but that's why I felt that something was missing in the story line, hence my question.

But it seems that I didn't miss anything, just that this part of the story is not covered so far.

40 minutes ago, avocado_mayhem said:

Yes, I did play the Redux and I picked what Grey Mother said and the conversation with Molly. It's just that I expected to learn more about what happened between the crash and the start of Episode 3. The fact that she left a message with her blood for example and her probable encounter with the dam guy doesn't seemed to be covered at all. Maybe this will be covered by a later flashback but that's why I felt that something was missing in the story line, hence my question.

But it seems that I didn't miss anything, just that this part of the story is not covered so far.

Yeah. I think the same. I was expecting to find out more about Astrid and what happened to her.

12 hours ago, avocado_mayhem said:

If you don't know what happened then you ABSOLUTELY missed something.   And, just because the convict in the dam claims that some unnamed "she" or "her" ended up on his bad side doesn't indicate it was Astrid.  Clearly, at the time, that particular cliffhanger was intended to make us all think exactly that, but it should be obvious now that it was not Astrid.

In playing though Redux, you find an injured convict in the farmhouse at Paradise Meadows Farm-wearing Astrids scarf as a bandage.  If you play through all his conversation options, he tells you the whole story about Astrid trying to help the people trapped in the burning schoolhouse, screaming for help and then being chased off by him and/or other convicts, cutting her in the process, her getting into the bus and managing to squeeze through a hole none of them could fit in- into the tunnel.