Lost and Found boxes

UTC-10

Although I understand that some players have lost valuable items, so far I have found Lost and Found to mostly do what the devs wanted it to. Mostly...

In my limited experience, looking around the farmstead and part of Pleasant Valley, things to be aware of:

Things left on the snow, outside of a location or building, can end up in the lost and found box on the farmstead porch. Things in containers, like the drawers in the Pensive pond ice fishing hut, lockers in the Signal Hill control hut, the interior of the Pleasant Valley - Winding River cave, will tend to stay put. I did find a lost and found box in the control hut for things left on the shelves and tables but even that was not absolutely consistent.

If like me, you had a stack of ruined (0%) meat (raw or cooked) and 0% canned goods, and they got moved, they are probably toast. Around the farmstead I had quite a bit of ruined raw venison and now it was all gone. The lowest condition item (of any kind) I found in lost and found was 1%. No 0% stuff. 

I am a bit disappointed to lose all that ruined meat. The wolves worked really hard to supply me with it. Now all their hard work was for naught. :)

Just adding that, for me, I have confirmed that food decays in the lost and found box. I am watching a cooked fish and a couple of cooked venison at 5% now and were higher a few game days ago. This box is outside so maybe that accounts for slower decay, but just thought I'd mention it. 

• 3 months later...