Sound quality ?

peteloud

Before starting on Episode 3  I went to finish off a bit of a Survival game.   The sound seemed better than it was previously.

When I started on Ep. 3  the sound quality was so bad in the conversations with Molly, both face to face and on the phone, that I could hardly make out what they were saying.  I had made no changes to any sound settings.

Has anyone else experienced such a problem?

• Hinterland
3 hours ago, peteloud said:

I have progressed further in Ep. 3 and other speech is terrible too.  They speak as if they have very thick scarves over their mouth.  I can not make out what Molly says and the priest is very muted too.

There is a separate audio setting for Voice/Dialogue -- have you checked to make sure that this hasn't been turned down much lower than the rest of the volume levels? If you post a screenshot of your Audio settings, that could be helpful. Otherwise, please submit a ticket to the Support portal (www.hinterlandgames.com/support) and we'll see what we can do to help.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, peteloud said:

Thanks for your feedback.  I shall investigate further as suggested by Raphael.

It was just such a puzzle. The sound in the Survival mode was extremely crisp and sharp, then a few minutes later so fuzzy.

I'm having issues where the player's footsteps are the loudest things on Great Bear and i can't hear unless I stop moving. The sound quality seems fine for me but the fires and harvesting old mans beard are really high pitched and tinny sounding now. 

Edited by MarrowStone

I swear that most of the audio is a lot better. I noticed we can hear woodpeckers again but it isn't the ear-killing sound it used to be. 

However I do think there might be some audio/dialogue glitches. The first time I tried to play the episode I ended up with the audio cutting out completely after I had to access the Xbox Dashboard... I am going to try and capture a possible glitch in the first bits of dialogue. However I'm not sure if I'm going to play when I get off work this afternoon.