see side-view-visions

Yavind

I can sometimes (IRL), see something in the side-view of my eye very quickly, then I turn my head, then it's not there anymore - can be scary sometimes, if you're alone.

So the game developers should add. "side view vision what the heck was that moment", rare moments when out alone + worst snow condition when it is completely dark. Added to all of the game modes. 

The side-view mechanics may be that you see one bonfire 800-1000 meters away in all the snow, then you turn your character a bit, then turn back - then the bonfire is gone!( Yikes ). Should maybe appear at random spots in the game, and very rare. So:

*Last 10 seconds. or. 
*gone if you rotate the vision out of your players view, and back. 
* Adds the effect of Peripheral vision "ghosts"
* Not overnatural, and adds a bit of wildlife spirit mystery. (there is plenty of mystery in story mode, but I want some mystery in challenge and survival mode)

What do you think?

Edited by Yavind
Be more specific

18 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@Yavind
And I can't tell you how many times a rabbit was nearly shot for no good reason at all.  :D 
(never pulled the trigger... but damn if those rabbits didn't almost lose their life for accidently jump scaring me) 

What if they added a man holding a lantern in the woods, just standing there looking at you for 5 seconds, 1000 or so meters away from you. Peripheral vision "ghost", not a real ghost, but adds the mystery effect :D

@Yavind
Maybe, but for me this is not an overtly supernatural or horror rooted game...  some elements are arguable as such of course, but to me it's not part of the essential core of the game (if you know what I mean).  Considering the wildlife can already achieve this kind of effect organically, I'm not sure I'd like having it artificially inserted into the experience. 

Edited by ManicManiac

2 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@Yavind
Maybe, but for me this is not an overtly supernatural or horror rooted game...  some elements are arguable as such of course, but to me it's not part of the central theme (if you know what I mean).  Considering the wildlife can already achieve this kind of effect organically, I'm not sure I'd like having it artificially inserted into the experience. 

What did you think about all the mystery in story mode? Is that something you would like in challenge and survival mode, but just calmed down a little ? Yes the wildlife now adds that mystery effect to a degree for me right now, but I was hoping for a little bit more - just a little "hint" of mystery :D

@Yavind
Well in story mode specifically... it's narrative driven.  Which is a little bit different... that's what I was referring to when I was talking about when I referred to those elements that are present, but just additive to the Story Mode experience.  A character like Methuselah for instance, it's left pretty ambiguous.  It might be a hallucination, might be a "spirit" of some kind, might just be an old man who's just surprisingly robust and really really observant.  :D

So inside the frame work of the Story Aspect, yeah something like that is a lot easier to weave in without it feeling... out of place.  I guess I was thinking about it in terms of Survival Mode... which I suppose is my fault for making that assumption.  However, I don't think this kind of thing would be a good fit in the Survival Sandbox...

Edited by ManicManiac
corrected typographical error

2 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@Yavind
Well in story mode specifically... it's narrative driven.  Which is a little bit different... that's what I was referring to when I was talking about when I referred to those elements that are present, but just additive to the Story Mode experience.  A character like Methuselah for instance, it's left pretty ambiguous.  It might be a hallucination, might be a "spirit" of some kind, might just be an old man who's just surprisingly robust and really really observant.  :D

So in side the frame work of the Story Aspect, yeah something like that is a lot easier to weave in without it feeling... out of place.  I guess I was thinking about it in terms of Survival Mode... which I suppose is my fault for making that assumption. 

Would you live with this?: You walk into a house in survival mode. You see a chair. You walk into another room, then you walk back to the previous room where the chair was, but there chair has been moved(happends rarely) but because of your memory, you can not remember exactly if the chair has been moved :D

@Yavind
I just think it would feel really out of place in the Survival Sandbox and I don't think I would enjoy it.  When I want that kind of experience I play games that are centered around that kind of thing.  It's not a bad idea per se (I'm not trying to say that), it's just one that I don't think I would enjoy in this game's survival mode.

:coffee::fire:

Edited by ManicManiac
corrected typographical error

1 minute ago, ManicManiac said:

@Yavind
I just think it would feel really out of place in the Survival Sandbox and I don't think I would enjoy it.  When I want that kind of experience I play games that are centered around that kind of thing.  It's not a bad idea per se (I'm not trying to say that), it's just not one I don't think I would enjoy in this game's survival mode.

:coffee::fire:

Yes, I understand :D