tinder from hay bales

peepercreeper

They can throw it in if they want, but between cattails and newsprint (which I can harvest into tinder plugs) and the fact that sawing up cedar and fir also gives tinder, I really don't find I ever lack for tinder in this game.  I usually wind up stashing reams of it on dead corpses all over the place just to unload it, even in Unpleasant Valley... and that's without starting the game using the Fire Starting feat.  In a pinch, I can always break down a stick to get tinder.  I'd hate to see the hay bales disappear because I grab a tinder plug from them.  They are much more useful as wind breaks and cover to break the line of sight of charging wolves.

Edited by UpUpAway95

Rather than harvest tinder plugs, I'd rather be able to set the bales on fire. 

They would then serve as an energetic, but rather brief, bonfire.  Any nearby wildlife would flee, you would briefly get the warmth of a well fed forge, and at a fairly easy chance of successful lighting.

The downside would be that it can't be maintained with anything less than logs, and even then the heat would eventually diminish back down to campfire levels.  Also, due to the size of the flames, cooking isn't practically possible.

This would have been a nice feature to have on my 1st Interloper attempt.  The cold really took its toll on me, back then.

• 2 months later...