Observing Curing Hide

JujuBear

So I started this little curing experiment with Fresh Deer Hide to see the rate of % cured in relation to real (passively allowing time to pass by)and fixed passing time of time in-game. I was basically curious to see the consistency of cure rates and if it had a pattern. I was mostly inspired to test this after reading discussion about certain time inconsistencies like campfire burntime (both indoor and outdoors).  It was kind of a spontaneous thing really. I just needed the hide to repair my roughed-up pants 😛

Also there's the fact that other animal hides take shorter/longer days to cure so I sort of want to see if the speed rate of how each type would cure.

737415031_Screenshot(2735).thumb.png.669f951ad5d6c0e1a5a43a40a1dc4f11.png

1736735766_Screenshot(2738).thumb.png.f51dee1517ddfb3bb88110422bf710ca.png

1904076967_Screenshot(2739).thumb.png.31ad0bdd3f04ce494b7a8fd9e558b40e.png

1416694545_Screenshot(2740).thumb.png.0f5677b10ca21f1fb991dae0fd9bfae2.png

Another interesting experiment would be to put other types of fresh hides next to each other and see how much % each one cures in an hourly basis. Right now I don't have that kind of resource and I'm just squatting along the DP areas, so anyone is welcome to try really.

How my little experiment would be useful (or not) I'll leave that all up to you guys.

Edited by JujuBear
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What's more interesting about this test is that the results don't quite line up with the text description of the item:

Freshly harvested hide from a Deer. Can be used for crafting and repair after air-drying indoors for 5 days.

If it cures 24% in 24 hours, that would mean it would complete curing in 4 days and 4 hours, not 5 days. The hide should have only cured 20% in 24 hours to match the text.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Jimmy said:

If it cures 24% in 24 hours, that would mean it would complete curing in 4 days and 4 hours, not 5 days. The hide should have only cured 20% in 24 hours to match the text.

I also realized that the game counts the initial curing of hide as "Day 1" where as I used "Day 0" in mine (only counting it as 1 day after 24 hours). So technically, in game standars it is 5 days (but not exactly, there's a delay) while with my time keeping, it is 4 days, yes ^_^