TigercatX

Private multiplayer game

So... I'd like a multiplayer but not an online multiplayer... noo it'll be useless a game with 5000 players.

I'd like kind of multiplayer where you (the host) can invite 3 friends trough steam to have a limit of 4 like in Payday 2's one. So you can play together with your friends. 

Pointless. Never happen.

Posted (edited)

Yep, I'm feelin' it.  I think they call that "co-op" which is short for cooperative gameplay.  That would be cool.  Imagine you and some friends are flying on a trip over the Canadian Yukon or wherever and the plane goes down on this remote island which is already mostly abandoned... sounds like a pretty frikkin cool adventure... two friends could go fishing or hunting or something to get food for the group, and two could go out on a looting run for booze and ammo or whatever.. I could get into that, especially if I was the kind of person that had any friends IRL...
Unfortunately, not only do I not have any friends IRL, but Hinterland didn't use a game engine where they can make the game co-op.  So, as cool as that would be, my understanding is that the particular way this game is designed, you can't have co-op.
But that won't stop me from bringing some people up to Canada in a plane after a massive coronal mass ejection and we can crash on an island in real life and become besties and run around stealing peoples crap out of their houses and shooting the town up something fierce.  I just hope the amount of weapons and ammo I'll be finding is somewhat realistic.  I don't want to get up there and find I'm only finding hunting rifles but no ammo for them, and then finding a ton of revolver ammo but no handguns that it fits into to.  That would be even worse than not having co-op if you ask me.  Then we could all play my favorite game, "RUN.".  That's where one guy is the psychotic killer who's trying to kill everyone, and the rest of the group have to "run.".  That's probably alot of fun to play when the world is ending.

Edited by FrozenCorpse

2 hours ago, TigercatX said:

So... I'd like a multiplayer but not an online multiplayer... noo it'll be useless a game with 5000 players.

I'd like kind of multiplayer where you (the host) can invite 3 friends trough steam to have a limit of 4 like in Payday 2's one. So you can play together with your friends. 

I would like it if we could co-op with maybe 2-8 people. However the way I understand it a game has to be built from the ground up with Multiplayer in mind and TLD was never built with multiplayer in mind. 

• Upvote 2

To see how futile this request is, you can search the forums for co-op, multi-player or any other synonym.  HL isn't interested, sorry.

• Like 1