Winding River Cave - interesting feature

stratvox

So, now that I'm done mapping FM, I'm in WR. There's really only one place to live in the map; the cave where the river is about to turn. Interesting thing about that cave; it's got a campfire in it, and that campfire is in the "indoors" part of the cave; if you drop a curable item right next to it it will start curing. This would seem to indicate that the fire will not benefit from the cold bonus. However, if you place your sleeping roll right at the edge of the rock before it turns to snow, you will be sleeping in the "outdoor" portion of the cave... and the fire in the indoor portion will benefit from the cold bonus.

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, stratvox said:

However, if you place your sleeping roll right at the edge of the rock before it turns to snow, you will be sleeping in the "outdoor" portion of the cave... and the fire in the indoor portion will benefit from the cold bonus.

Good observation! Did you document similar  game nuances when you mapped FM? Be interesting to hear what you observed.

I did discover something interesting. If you then wake up, and exit the game, and then resume it later, the fire in the inside will not have the burning animation, but it will have the logs in the "set up" configuration and will give off light and heat1319396323_screen_(36938622)_0c238a4b-b48f-45dd-b83f-351106e9a274.thumb.png.a1f278cbfcc8f6ae20c6fa1c176c35b6.png.