Firewood

littlefox1970

Where: anywhere

How: open the survival menu (TAB) and click the "Forage" option to open the forage menu. Use the tabs to select tinder (default), softwood and hardwood.

You can use the hatchet (selected by default if you have it in your inventory) to lower the amount of time required per piece of wood.

You can also forage inside in the same way but instead of soft/ hardwood you will get reclaimed wood and max 20 per building (and max 5 tinder per building)

Where: anywhere

How: open the survival menu (TAB) and click the "Forage" option to open the forage menu. Use the tabs to select tinder (default), softwood and hardwood.

You can use the hatchet (selected by default if you have it in your inventory) to lower the amount of time required per piece of wood.

You can also forage inside in the same way but instead of soft/ hardwood you will get reclaimed wood and max 20 per building (and max 5 tinder per building)

First it was shift for RUN - now it is tab for MENU --- I keep fading into the long dark for lack of computer knowledge ... wish there was a control assignation tab in the main menu bar....hint, hint, Hinterland ;)

Thanks so much Elloco- appreciate the help very much :)

:D

Yup, you can set your own controls through the options menu. Another function that can be of great help, especially for new players is the help function. Press F1 while in game for a overview of the most important controls. Although I expect it will display the default controls, so if you change them they will not match with your actual controls.

First it was shift for RUN - now it is tab for MENU --- I keep fading into the long dark for lack of computer knowledge ... wish there was a control assignation tab in the main menu bar....hint, hint, Hinterland ;)

As elloco999 mentioned, there's also OPTIONS >> Key Bindings to see and assign various controls

You can forage wood without using a tool - just follow the directions the others gave but remove the hatchet from the drop-down. I found this helpful when I either run out of materials to repair the hatchet, or just didn't want to waste them. It takes more time by hand, but can be worth it.

Archived