Perfect Health, Best Gear, Fire, Faded into long dark sleepi

grimreefer24601

Can you not sleep getting the 3 Night achievement. I just died in the best condition I could get because I rested for five hours. I had 100% condition. Temp was 45f without the fire I started. Do I have to stay up for 3 night to get this achievement? It's really not worth the real life time to do that.

I think there's a bug with fires. They don't keep going if you forage or sleep. I know it's an alpha, but I just wasted 47 game days because I thought I could start a 10 hour fire and sleep for 5.

Campfires can get blown out by the wind, so maybe that's what happened?

You don't have to stay awake for the achievement, but you can if you want to. I did, spend my days sleeping inside and my nights boiling water and foraging outside. I slept during the day to keep my fatigue down.

It was probably a blizzard killing your fire. I got the 3 nights outside achievement quite easily by staying in a fishing hut the entire time (literally the entire time). I just fished all day, and had 10 hour fires while I slept all night (I brought about 20 pieces of firewood to the hut beforehand). There were a few blizzards but since I had the wooden stove and the relative shelter of the fishing hut I was fine!

I was wondering if being in a fishing hut counted for the achievement! I tried to do this yesterday in one of the fishing huts in Coastal Highway and died after a series of wolves attacked me inside the hut as I tried to rest. (It was a little wild. I had killed 4 wolves within 5 or 6 steps of the hut before deciding to try for the achievement, thinking surely I must have killed all the wolves in the area by then. I fought off three different wolves in the night, and the fourth killed me!)

Fires definitely get burned out during blizzards or even just wind. I've often had them blow out when a blizzard or wind kicked up while I was boiling water, cooking, sleeping or just standing there.

just because the area appears sheltered doesnt mean your fire can't blow out. The real moral of this story is you never sleep more than 1 straight hour while outside (unless your fire is in a stove or oven)

your fire probably blew out whether you accept it or not, and your hp decreased over time. 5 hours in a light blizzard will kill you easily in this game. if you had slept 1 hr at a time you would have saw your hp dropping

Its realistic as well because if you went to sleep outside and the temperature dropped that muchits very likely you would never wake up, or by the time you did you'd be very VERY cold.

maybe your shelter should have protected your fire, and maybe a bug fucked you over but to ensure this never happens again, take the lesson I learned the hard way as well: NEVER sleep for more than 1 hour straight when outside

Also sleeping autosaves in this game so you CANNOT interrupt sleep unless you are attacked by a wolf.

and i got the achievement for 3 nights while sleeping in a fishing hut

its "safer" than being outside~outside but i've experienced glitches where wolves stack outside the door so for separate reasons i might also stop playing til the next patch.

Wolves do come to that area and stoves either don't scare them at all or at least not as much as an open fire would. But even an open fire would not save you, as the wolf will just wait you out and attack when you leave or the fire goes out. It would give you time to shoot it if you have the rifle...

This was in a sheltered area. The decrepit barn next to the trappers hut. Really perfect to dead in less than 5 hours of sleep. Right beside a 10 hr fire. No notice. Just dead. And I'm out until the next patch. I can't waste 47 days doing nothing again. At least this patch.

That area isn't as sheltered as it looks. I've built fires there to harvest the deer carcass and had them blow out before I was finished. You can tell right away, too, if you go there during a blizzard and try to build a fire you get the "It's too windy to build a fire here" message.

There are a number of "outside" places with a stove, like fishing huts or the shacks at deadfall and the logging camp.

You should have seen your health start to spin down if you were freezing, though.

I had no chance from 100% to dead to change anything. I died no warning or chance to exit.

I get it better now though. It seems like a piece of piss. Just my misunderstanding. It will break as easy as the rest of the achievements now. When I get back to it. Micro manage 72 hours, and you get it. Sweet. When I feel like it again. I just slept too long.

You should have seen your health start to spin down if you were freezing, though.

Not if you sleep through the entire freezing process.

For example, If you're at 100% and you begin to freeze, you'll start to lose hp. If you go to sleep while you are freezing, you'll see the hp count down.

BUT! If you are at 100% just as OP was, and you are not freezing, if you go to sleep and then become freezing your HP meter does not come up until you awaken.

Archived