Jeremiah and Mathis

Black_Bird

So it's been 6 month since the Redux, I think we can hope having the Episode 3 release at the end of 2019 wich I'm realy excited about. 

Even if the episode 3 is about astrid, I realy want to talk about what we know and what we can Imagine about firstly Jeremiah and Mathis at the end of episode 2 so care:

SPOILER ALERT

I have a few idea/ theories about Jeremiah. 

For me he is probably an veteran of the army who choose to leave alone. I think that the "wintermute" is maybe a program of the Army in case of a critic situation or wintermute is a location like a shelter for this type of situation we are in. I don't realy think he is related to Mathis who is a prisoner or that he is a bad guy. The fact that he has some survival knowledge and a radio is probable a clue to some formation that he get in the army. 

What do you think about him or the other carachters like The prisoners, The forestTalkers, Methuselah, Astrid... ? 

I've said it before in other threads, but I will echo it here as well:

I like to think of Jeremiah as an old special ops type who changed his name and disappeared into the seclusion of Great Bear Island... who was once involved in an "incident" on Shadow Moses Island in the Fox Archipelago. :D 

As for the other characters, I really enjoy the world building that has been put into this game.  Each character has a story that you can piece together both with dialogue and bits of lore that you find as you explore.  For me, I think it's all really well done, and very much appreciated.   

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

On 6/6/2019 at 1:09 AM, ManicManiac said:

I like to think of Jeremiah as an old special ops type who changed his name and disappeared into the seclusion of Great Bear Island... who was once involved in an "incident" on Shadow Moses Island in the Fox Archipelago. :D 

Yeah I like this idea, he has for sure a military past. 

7 hours ago, Black_Bird said:

Yeah I like this idea, he has for sure a military past

Well it's not my idea by any means... I was referencing the plot setup to Metal Gear Solid... I like to believe that he is Solid Snake; you know after he took down Metal Gear on Shadow Moses Island - and escaped across the ice towards Canada... where he was going to disappear and try to live a peaceful life. :) 

I've referenced this in a couple of different threads, but no one seemed to catch on to it... or didn't mention it if they did. :D 

Edited by ManicManiac