Sprains Are A Pain

TheEldritchGod

Okay, Mechanically, I like the new sprain system. I like the whole pain can be separate from the injury thing. I like how you can bust an ankle and two wrists and NOT just take a bottle of pain killers to shrug it off. (BTW, Every thought of adding an over-dose mechanic?) However, that all said.

While I think you NAILED it for Interloper, I have to agree that this isn't a one size fits all situation. You might want to tone it down. Like on the custom menu, instead of:

SPRAINS? Yes/No.

Maybe:

SPRAINS? None/Low/Medium/High/Very High/WTF ARE MY ANKLES MADE OF GLASS???

Just back off the probability of the risk kicking in on easier levels a bit. Not for interloper. Oh... I love it right where it is for interloper.

Ooo. Maybe some gloves give better Wrist Support? Some boots give better ankle support? Might sound like a small thing, but if I knew Combat Boots and Hiking boots made me immune to Sprained Ankles, SCREW THE WARMTH, give me some Sprain Immunity! Just make sure you give it to boots that have low warmth values to make sure to make it a difficulty choice:

Do I want the most warmth bonus, or do I want immunity to ankle sprains? Ooo! Now THERE is a dilemia. Not sure what the answer would be.

OH! I got it! DRIVING GLOVES! Those useless, only good for sources of leather, gloves! They are FINGERLESS! So, they would, logically, be the only gloves you could wear that give you the flexibility and manual dexterity to be immune to Wrist Sprains. And they are made of LEATHER making them a bitch to maintain. Oh, I would STILL carry a pair around and switch them in and out when going mountain goating. And when are wrist sprains mostly a problem? FIRING A WEAPON. Those are the only gloves that allow you to expose your fingers! So, obviously, they would be the gloves to let you shoot a weapon better! It is PERFECT. And it makes the player agonize over conflicting advantages. Bonus!

TL/DR:

Make Sprains more on a sliding scale and tone it down a bit for easier difficulties.

Add Wrist Sprain Immunity to the driving gloves.

Add Ankle Sprain immunity to the Combat Boots, Trail Boots, and Mountaineering Boots (I don't want to make those boots any more awesome, but they ARE a quest reward so, I guess it's not a BAD thing.)

• Upvote 3

Good ideas here. It surely would make the game more complex, and many players would need explanations, at least in the descriptions of the items. Also I would not want to gain immunity from sprains when using combat boots or some such. Just an advantage in probability.

Moving this to the Wishlist section.

Also, we have narrowed down the issue with the Sprains System and are now working on a fix, to be released as soon as possible. We will update everyone here and on the usual channels when it's up.