Is the game Psychic?

XaldinVii

I feel as tho the game knows what your trying to do and then decides I am going make that harder! 

A few examples...

Starting a massive 5 campfire deep cooking spree behind the ML Camp Office in the corner... Now that you got that all setup  with meat cooking how bout a blizzard just the right way so the wind puts out your fires. 

Long treks from one end of the map to the other loaded up. Wind storm coming from exact direction you want to go...

This last one was the kicker and happened to me last night. I was hunting my second bear back by the unnamed pond in ML. Right after I shot the bear I waited 2h in the hunter's blind to pass the time and save. I went out looking for the bear's carcass, but I stumble upon a Moose, first one I have seen in this Stalker play thru. I quicken my search for the bear, to hunt it too. I find the bear, of course right next to the hunter's blind where I shot it a few hours ago.  I skin the bear for just it's belt, the wind kicks up and starts to snow, as I need to go grab my rifle, as I only have 3 arrows on me at the moment, for the moose. I head back to the Camp Office get the rifle leave and get half way back, oh look a blizzard. So I make it to trapper's spend the night and finally Kill the Moose standing on some rocks outside the cabin. Then as I am harvesting, taking like 3-4 hours a wind storm kicks up right in the direction of the Camp Office...

There have been numerous other times, but curious if theirs stories of this happening with other people or if others notice this too.

LOL, I have remarked to myself at times in these situations, but also, I think they stand out so we tend to remember them.  I highly doubt the game has enough AI to interpret our current action and create a counter-action.

I guess if you really want to test your theory, in your example above about a headwind, turn around and go with the wind and see if it change's direction on you B|

• 2 weeks later...

" Wind storm coming from exact direction you want to go... "

Much of what you say is simply bad planning.  If you have a journey to make from a secure base then wait until the wind is blowing from the direction that helps and speeds you up.  If the wind is in your face delay your journey.

If you are cooking in the lee of your cabin during a wind you can be fairly sure that the wind will swing around.  Don't assume that it will stay from that direction for several hours.

The problem is not that the game is designed to screw you up, you just have to learn how to survive.

On 3/15/2019 at 3:43 PM, peteloud said:

simply bad planning

You can't really plan for which direction the wind will blow.  I think he's simply remarking that he has had some bad luck with regards to wind direction.  Sure, you can wait for the wind to change (if it's really that important to you), but who's to say that you wait, step outside and it changes to back in your face?! 🙄

Archived