Survival Mode Stories

tutu15

Do any of you guys think up a backstory for your characters in survival mode? If so, what is it?

My favorite I've come up with so far is to start a custom game, on interloper difficulty, but custom so that I can choose my spawn region. I spawn my dude in HRV with decent gear, and the story is that he went on an expedition there, but while he was there the lights in the sky struck and his GPS died. He has to find his way out without GPS, and when he gets back to Milton he finds the whole place abandoned, and as he travels through Great Bear he realizes the full extent of the solar flare that knocked out his GPS.

Really interested to hear your guys' ideas for a back story

In my current play thru my character spawned in CH. I would like to think that she was a fishermen on the HMCS Defiance, off the coast of Great Bear when the solar flare hit. This sparked a fire in the engine room, while she and the crew combated the flames the boats rudder stopped responding to the helm started taking waves board side. The ship started rocking back and forth, being toss around by the waves. This caused the door to fish storage in the back, which had a full store of fresh caught not quite frozen yet fish, to spill into the hall way. No one noticed till it was to late that the oil from the fish was spreading to the engine room... The flames quickly spread across the ship and the crew had to abandon ship. They all made into the one life boat but the waves were too high and too numerous and she fell into the water. She awoke on the coast of Great Bear, she knew the island's coast fairly well and she determined she was in the old coastal highway area that was used before the earthquakes blocked the roads. So she decided she would make for the old gas station, dry off, and figure out what to do next in order to see if the rest of her crew made it to the island as well.

I tend to play mode in which sleeping doesn't heal:

On 11/23/2018 at 3:13 PM, BareSkin said:

Before you end up alone in the wild, you had a loving family. You wonder if they are fine, if the catastrophe hit them or not, you worry a lot about your partner and kids.

When you’re awake, the survival instinct of your animal cells and brain takes priority. But at night, you have nightmares. You see them torn apart, enslaved, killed by Nature or by humans. You see their bodies, frozen in the family house.

In your nightmares, you constantly fight to help them without any success whatsoever, you move your real body in every way you possibly can before waking up, sweating and horrified. When you don’t dream, you sleepwalk, and all this activity prevents you from recovering from the daily survival challenge.

Since the First Flare, nights became your greatest enemy. Every morning, you swear you’ll never go to bed ever again. But Nature commands otherwise. You are a Sleepwalker.

Desolation Point Start - You're a crewman on the Riken that's at sea when the earthquakes hit.  You're's thrown from the deck of the ship as a tidal wave hits and find yourself coming to on a Little Island awhile later.  The ship is nearby, but it is very badly damaged and everyone on board is missing, presumed dead.  It's so cold that the receding ocean water has already turned to solid ice.  The whaling station has been abandoned for years and it looks like something has since caused the lighthouse keeper to abandon his post.  You set out following the highway that runs alongside the coast looking for help... and other survivors.

Archived