I got the IP's (Possible Bug. Need claification)

U47

So I clicked too fast and I now have Intestinal Parasites.

So when infected with IP you can not get 100% rested because the IP reduces your fatigue and with that I find that I can sleep as long as I want. The fatigue circle is filled up to the red portion that is caused from the IP but I can still sleep as long as I want. I do not get the "you are not tired enough" message.

Is this normal or a bug?

screen_(-3, 5, 1)_264ffd58-7987-4c4b-86a9-ccaa836fe2c0.png

I've gotten the impression that this is normal.  I haven't experienced it myself, but I've seen some Youtube videos where the Youtuber has mentioned being able to sleep for as long as they want when they have intestinal parasites.  That's not to say there aren't some bugs in the way the game times certain things.  I just experienced one today where I wanted to work on my wolfskin coat for 10 hours in game.  I loaded up with food and water at dawn and asked for 10 hours time.  According to the screen, I only had 15.67 hours left before the coat would be completed.   (I had worked on the coat for two 5-hour sessions before that and noted that it seemed odd that there was this additional 0.67 hours tacked on.

At any rate, I started the 10-hour session and then, in horror, watched as the sun made two full circuits (i.e. 2 full days or 48 hours) and my health bar depleted to close to dying.  I promptly canceled to save the save and reloaded.  The second try, I asked for 9 hours and I got approximately 9 hours.  However, the next day when I asked for 6.67 hours to complete the coat (which was the maximum time the scale would let me ask to do), the coat was not finished after that time.   Now, the game was saying it needed another 3.22 hours to complete it.  So, I went back to the workbench the next morning and asked to work on again for the maximum time it would allow me to select (3.22 hours).  The timer circle went full around with no indications that I had been bumped... so, I tried to put the coat on again.  Now it said it needed another hour and change to complete and it was only after I worked on it that time that the coat was finally finished.

In short, I wouldn't guarantee that some sort of bug is involved in your case either because something just isn't quite right with the whole timing mechanic, methinks.

Yeah I have also noticed things with times while crafting. Started a fire and threw enough fuel on it for 4 hours and craft two arrows (2.25 hours with simple tools) and after crafting still have 3 hours left on the fire.

As for the IP. Well I just slept the affliction away. Of course I then got cabin fever but that was perfect cause I was moving on the HRV as soon as the IP was over.

5 minutes ago, U47 said:

Yeah I have also noticed things with times while crafting. Started a fire and threw enough fuel on it for 4 hours and craft two arrows (2.25 hours with simple tools) and after crafting still have 3 hours left on the fire.

As for the IP. Well I just slept the affliction away. Of course I then got cabin fever but that was perfect cause I was moving on the HRV as soon as the IP was over.

Yeah, my saving grace with the wolf coat is that one can't get cabin fever in Pilgrim mode.

3 hours ago, U47 said:

The fatigue circle is filled up to the red portion that is caused from the IP but I can still sleep as long as I want. I do not get the "you are not tired enough" message.

I also contracted Intestinal Parasites recently and noticed that you can sleep as long as you like no matter your level of fatigue. You also get this behaviour with Food Poisoning. Rest as a resource is disabled for as long as you have the affliction. I believe this is the intended behaviour and not a bug. Just make sure not to sleep for so long that you take condition damage from dehydration.

Archived