New challenge: Chernobog

Doc Feral

The name is somewhat exaggerated, but the inspiration came from the neverending blizzard on 4don day 4. It could be a challenge, or a way to end a 4don event with some extra spice.
A freakish blizzard is coming. You need to stock on supplies, but it's not enough. Like in end-of-the-world b movies, it will be so ridiculously cold that even lighting a fire indoors can't save you. The only hope is keeping ahead of it until it starts to dissipate. The world-changing phenomenon moves slowly, so you can march forward, loot what you can, eat, rest and then move again before things get too ugly. The point in this would be balancing looting and moving. Move too fast and you'll have too few resources without being able to go back and pick up some, move too slow and you'll die. Of course animals would have sensed it in advance and mostly fled, maybe with the exception of some overconfident bear. It would be "Great Bear coast to coast" with an impending doom. The final shelter could be the repair shed with the furnace, or maybe a mine in DP, with the task of fighting off the last hours of extreme cold until it gets back to normal.

5 hours ago, gnomegnine said:

I read the beginning and I was thinking "oh it's whiteout!" but this is actually pretty unique. I in addition it would be cool if you could see it coming if it got to close, like a wall of snow and wind.

I went overboard imagining something like "The Nothing" in The Neverending Story

You know it's funny, one the very few dreams i actually sorta remember was similar to this. All i can remember is that there was this impossibly thick wall of fog drifting through a dense forest that would instantly freeze anything it came across, including a burning campfire, and that everything was in the aesthetic of TLD(including the fire, but without the stone circle). 

Archived