Archivist Challenge - have I broken the aurora

DaveMcD

So I just started the Archivist challenge and everything was going well until I got to Broken Railroad. I'd pretty much had an Aurora every night and them at broken railroad there was a night of bad weather. Next day just on dusk I was in the outer office and noticed the aurora was about to kick in. The cursor highlighted over the computer screen even though it was dark. I clicked on it and it did its zoom to screen (even thought it was dark) I clicked out of it and got that buffer memory (no idea what the text was though) but the aurora had completely stopped so I couldn't go check the inside computer. Now I've been here for four complete nights without a single aurora. tried leaving and sleeping up in the rail car and came back but nada, no aurora. Is it just on a random timer like the rest of the game or did I break it somehow but getting the buffer memory before the aurora kicked in properly?

I abandoned that run and started another. Finished that one last night. Got to my last spot - Chasm cave on day 13. No Aurora first night, second night on dusk I got the same 'hey its an aurora starting', torch was powered, walked up to the computer, screen was still dark. Really wanted to read the message and was worried Id cause a bug like last time so I repaired something for half an hour. Aurora stopped, didnt come back that night. So had to wait another full day and half a night.

Ended on 15 days 19 hours. Had about 3 or 4 nights total camped in spots waiting on Auroras and think a different path / choice through the dam could shave a day or so as well. I doubled some zones on the same night but a bit more bravery and use of coffee I think someone could easily do it in 7-8 nights if the aurora doesnt stay away too much.

18 minutes ago, DaveMcD said:

I abandoned that run and started another. Finished that one last night. Got to my last spot - Chasm cave on day 13. No Aurora first night, second night on dusk I got the same 'hey its an aurora starting', torch was powered, walked up to the computer, screen was still dark. Really wanted to read the message and was worried Id cause a bug like last time so I repaired something for half an hour. Aurora stopped, didnt come back that night. So had to wait another full day and half a night.

Ended on 15 days 19 hours. Had about 3 or 4 nights total camped in spots waiting on Auroras and think a different path / choice through the dam could shave a day or so as well. I doubled some zones on the same night but a bit more bravery and use of coffee I think someone could easily do it in 7-8 nights if the aurora doesnt stay away too much.

I have a friend who's done it in 7 Days 4 hours.

7Days4Hours.jpg

Archived